ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ¹⁴

·.¸¸.·♩♪♫ _______________ ♫♪♩·.¸¸.·

TWO WEEKS LATER

Finding time to chat amongst my family while also not bumping into anyone who hated my father (which is a large number of immortals these days) was a difficult task to take while becoming visibly pregnant. We stayed in Olympus for a few days and somehow my belly grew to be twice the size as when we first walked through the doors of the grand palace. Whatever, just means the babies are growing. Hopefully they'll pop out of me soon enough and I won't have to deal with another pregnancy for a few years. Having twins is hard, I don't want any more anytime soon.

    Now that I'm all settled back in the Volterra castle I have time to perform some of my duties as queen. Mostly paperwork, damn it, but it works. Also making sure that none of the human sacrifices come back as ghosts. It's an odd job, and since I'm the only one who can see spirits it's mine and mine alone, but it's rewarding in a way.

    I haven't had a problem so far with my work. Most gods and goddesses work unknowingly or in ways that the people around them can't notice. Humanity stays in the dark that way, and for good reason. Nature knows what they would do if they found out that there are true beings more powerful than them. They're power hungry, I've found, and could try to take out all of Olympus. Well, I don't think they actually have that kind of arsenal, but they could cause a ruckus.

    Happy thoughts, Calli, happy thoughts.

    Well, anyways, Marcus has been working his butt off to plan for my birth, which should be quite a few months away if my sisters got the calculations right. Even though I'm progressing faster than any mortal has, I'm going to have enough time.

    "We are still yet to know if these precious children of ours will be babies or fully developed demi-gods, my dear. How are we to decide upon bassinets if we don't know if they're necessary?" Marcus fretted as he paced across the room.

    "I think we can take things one step at a time, don't you think?" That was how it was for immortals. With their pregnancies ranging from a few days to a year, Mother said you can never be sure. "We can get bassinets and mattresses if you are worried about them being without bedding for their first days into this world."

    Honestly, only one of us is worried about what will happen after I give birth. I'm interested in preparing for my labor and delivery, the supposed worst pain a being can go through and survive. Or so Mother and Aphrodite say, both of them having grown children of their own. Two children is harder than one because if they are to be full grown, I will be in Goddess form and ready for a days long birth. No rest for the immortal women of this world.