Chapter Four

I roll my eyes and Blake walks up to me with Jordan, Alex and Jason in tow.

"We have rules". Alex says seriously

"What rules?" I ask and Blake stares at me.

"During the game, you will not be allowed to converse with any boy apart from us". I scoff.

"Okay". They look shocked and I smile.

"But, you have to do the same". Blake looks confused.

"We can't talk to boys?" We all sigh.

"No, you can't talk to girls". He looks shocked.

"But how?" Blake asks.

"Well, if you guys aren't competent enough to stop me from falling in love with other guys then I don't know..."

"Fine, you can talk to other guys". I smile and check the time.

Its just 8pm and I sigh and take a seat in a nearby chair.

I pull out my phone and open twitter. I scroll through it a little until I get a notification from Instagram saying I have a new follower.

Its Owen, a smile smile threatens to appear and I scroll through his page.

I take a cupcake and bite into it and smile before I go to my games and start playing random games.

God, I hate boredom. Like come on! When is this going to end.

I decide to take a walk and I end up going upstairs. I wall around a bit but then I get bored so I go back downstairs.

I walk to the garden and stay there a while till its twenty five minutes past eight.

Dinner will start soon so I walk back to the house.

Most are seated and my dad sends me a tiny glare for coming late.

I bend my head a little and take a seat next to Jasmine.

Owen is seated by my left. And Blake, Jordan, Alex and Jason seat opposite me.

"Where were you?" Owen asks and I look at him.

"I was in the garden". He nods and the cooks that placing the food on the table.

Wine is poured into everyone's glasses and we toast.

"So, Owen, when do you plan to get married". My mum asks and Owen tenses beside me.

I take a small bite of my chicken to try and stifle my laughter.

"Uh... I haven't found the right one ma'am".

"Oh but I have a beautiful daughter beside you". I choke on my wine and Owen rubs circles on my back.

"Mom!" I exclaim once I stop choking.

"I'm afraid we're just  friends, Mrs Cole".

"Oh none of that Owen. When Tamara's dad and I got married, we were only friends, but in time we grew to love each other".

"Mom stop". I say my fists clenched around my fork.

"Owen, why don't you get married to my daughter".

"She's too young ma'am".

"But we had an agreement with your late father".

"I believe now isn't the right time to talk about this". Owen says getting agitated.

"I choose to talk about it now, your father agreed with us for you two to get married once Tamara clocks 18".

"I don't care about whatever dumb agreement you had with Mr North but I will not get married now and don't you ever think you can dictate who the hell I get married to so take note mom, I'm done". I say and get up to leave.

"Tamara Renee Cole, sit down". My father's voice booms and I halt.

"So now you decide to speak up? You really think I'll get married?" His face portrays a hint of rage.

"Owen, are you just going to seat quietly while my daughter insults you and implies you're not good enough for her?"

"Enough!" Owen's voice booms through the dining hall.

"From what I heard, correct me if I'm wrong, Tamara only said she wouldn't get married now and not to the person you choose for her".

"Then you can say goodbye to my investment". My dad says.

"As well as mine". Jordan's father agrees.

"And mine". Alex's father quips.

"Mine too". Jason's father.

"And mine". Blake's father says obviously not wanting to be left out.

No, I know how much investments matter in a business. He's going to lose almost half of his profit if they all retrieve their investment and money.

"A month". My tiny voice echoes through the room.

"We'll see what the press have to say about this, and then I can get married to him".

"What do you mean child? Speak up!" Jordan's father snaps.

"Owen and I will act like we're going out for one month. It'll give an illusion of a future alliance. That way, all your profits will triple and then we can remain friends and friends alone".

"That's a good idea child". This whole ordeal got me feeling drained and tired. So much for dinner.

A headache's already brewing and I feel dizzy.

You must be wondering why this isn't strange to everybody here but well something like this happens every single time.

It's a different family every time.

"Excuse me". I say and standing up. I stumble a bit and Owen stands up immediately.

"Are you OK?" He asks.

"I'm fine". I step out of his hold and begin to walk away.

I walk to the garden and try to clear my head.

Marriage? Now? Tears fill my eyes and quiet sobs rip through me.

"Why can't I be normal? Why do my parents have to be so rich?"

I know I sound like a bitch and so many people want to have the things I have but...

Its not just about the designer bags, dresses or shoes.

Oh God. My headache rears its ugly head and I start feeling dizzy.

I need to get home. I call a taxi and walk to the front of the mansion.

The taxi stops after five minutes of waiting and I get in and give him my address.

As soon as he stops, I pay him and walk in. I'm greeted with silence.

I make my way up to my room and change into a big grey sweater and a pair of comfortable matching leggings.

I get rid of my makeup and pull my hair up into a bun.

I feel dizzy again and this time I almost pass out.

What's going on? Why am I feeling like this?

I make my way downstairs again and slip on a pair of converse.

I call another taxi and it arrives quickly.

"Hospital".

****
Not edited.
Two updates in a week.
Enjoy.