Chapter 2

"What did you just say? Please tell me I heard you wrong..." I exclaimed.

"You heard me. I said that we are moving. And I'm sorry, but things are already set in stone. There is nothing you can do about it."

"Where?! When?! Why didn't you tell m-"

"You might as well say the rest of the 5 w's."

"I'm serious! Answer my question right now! You owe me that much."

"Okay, okay. Look, I would have told you sooner, but every time I'd try and talk to you, you wouldn't listen. We are moving in a month. So pack your bags, honey, because we are moving to Tennessee."

"TENNESSEE?! But we live in New York City! They're kind of exact opposites, just like us." I sassily stated, throwing in an eye roll of annoyance.

"That's enou-"

"You can't do this! You just can't! I don't want to live hundreds of miles away from here, in the middle of nowhere, with you!"

"Just let me sa-"

"I know what I'll do! I'll move in with Marcus and his family. I know we've only been dating for a couple months, but his family loves me! They'll take me in, right?"

"You know what, missy? I'm trying so hard to be a good mother. But the thing is, it's like you don't even care about a word I say. You know, in the real world, it's not going to be as easy for you as it is here. When I was a kid-"

"Enough of you stupid lectures!!! I'm out!" I angrily shouted, as I bolted out of the front door.

I started running as fast as humanly possible. I actually had to take off my designer heels that I had changed into so that I could run as quickly as I did. I could feel my makeup running down my face, along with both my sweat and tears. I found myself running in the direction of Marcus' house, which just encouraged me to run even faster. When I reached his estate, I found him in his front yard, Fixing his already perfect hair.

"Marcus- I-need to- talk to - you " I said, desperately trying to catch my breath.

"Oh hey babe! What's up?" He leaned in to kiss me on the cheek, but he pulled back just as he saw how sweaty I was.

"Did you just go swimming or something? Why is your face so wet?"

"It's sweat, you doofus. Girls can sweat too." I playfully punched his shoulder and he flashed me his award-winning smile. Man, he might not be that smart; but his good looks make up for all of that.

"So, what do you want to talk to me about?" He said curiously.

" Babe, you WON'T believe what just happened to me. I was at my house when my mom told me that I'm moving to Tennessee in a month! Can you believe it?!" I explained, with a hint of disgust in my tone.

"Yeah, I can believe it." He casually stated.

"What? Why?!" I tilted my head in confusion.

"Cuz your mom told me that like a month ago. Do you want pizza?"

"She WHAT? I just found out! Why didn't you tell me?!"

"She told me that you already knew, and not to bring it up because it would upset you. I really thought that you knew, sorry..."

"But I didn't! Who else knows?"

"I don't know, babe. Maybe a couple of your friends? Oh yeah! I saw your mom talking to Liz and Chelsea a couple weeks ago. Can we still get pizza?"

" Forget the pizza for just one second!! I can't believe this is happening..." I said, feeling my face heat up.

"I'm sorry! I'm just really hungry." He dumbly stated.

"You know what? This is pointless. I have to go." I rolled my eyes at him as I started walking away, still holding my heels in my hands.

"See you later my dumpling! Oh, dumplings... I could really go for some of those right now..."

"Whatever. Bye," I shouted as I continued down his long driveway.

"WAIT!! BABE!! YOU SHOULD PUT YOUR SHOES BACK ON!!" He shouted at the top of his lungs, thinking I couldn't hear him, even though I was only about 10 feet away.

I turned around and threw my hands up, giving up on trying to get through to him. I put my heels back on, and started texting Liz and Chelsea. I've known them for so long, and I knew that if what Marcus said was true, then they would have told me.

But texting them just made me realize how wrong i really was... About them, about my mom, and about Marcus.

=========================== ----------------------------------------------

Ok guys here's the next chapter! Sorry it took so long to make, I've been really busy with school, and I was waiting to get a reaction from you guys. I love all of you who are reading this so far! Sorry for ending the chapter on a cliffhanger, I will try and write more asap.
❤️
If you like the story so far, tell me! If you leave a nice comment for me I will love you forever lol. Writing a story is a lot harder than it looks, but you guys make it all worth it!
❤️
My goal for this chapter is 10 comments again, so if you'd like me to write more, then tell me! Thanks, you guys are amazing!❤️❤️❤️