PLZ READ

"Ready for a story about a bunch of fairy tale characters owned by Walt Disney. Oh just what the world needs more Disney books. Our story begins at a wedding." I said.

"In the great land of Auradon, at the location of some giant ass cathedral, and where shit went down for the first time. And let me tell you there was some shit. Dragon shit really. But that's besides the point. Our beloved Bal is finally going to be married. But first we have to meet our new products. I mean characters. Whew. Saved it. The Mouse would have had my ass." I said.

"Now time for the shit show." It added

At the Castle…

Mal, Evie, Uma, Jane, Lonnie, Audrey, and Jordan (Daughter of the Genie from Wicked World. You're welcome sincerely, I.)

We're all getting ready for the grand wedding in the girl's dressing room at the Beast Castle.

"I can't believe this is really happening." Mal gushed as Dizzy did her hair. 

Evie chuckled as she came to stand beside her best friend. "Well believe it because today is the day and you are going to rock that crown."

"Thanks E." Mal smiled, admiring her appearance in the mirror as Dizzy finished up.

"Ta da!" Dizzy grinned. 

"Ta da indeed." Mal nodded, turning to face the younger girl. "Thank you Dizzy."

"You're welcome." Dizzy chirped excitedly as Evie gave her a hug. 

"Alright Diz, go in the other room and go get ready with Celia." Evie smiled. "You girls are going to look amazing in the Flower girl dresses I made you."

(Who else would have made the outfits for the entire wedding? Said I, sarcastically)

Dizzy squealed. "I can't believe I'm actually in the wedding. This is a dream come true."

Mal and Evie chuckled at the younger girl's excitement as she raced into the other room. Mal turned to look at her appearance once more and sighed. "E, do you think my family is going to show up? I mean, mom never responded, dad could oversleep, and Thanatos, I just don't even know. He's unpredictable but I do want him here, he's my brother after all." 

Brother, the word felt foreign on her lips. For 18 years she had believed herself to be an only child, but that changed the day she went to retrieve her father's ember to stop Audrey from taking over Auradon. 

Flashback to the Isle: 2 Weeks Before the Wedding

"You want to make up for being a lousy dad? Give me the ember." Mal demanded, holding out her hand. 

"You're only half Hades." Hades warned. "It won't do everything for you that it does for me."

"I'll take my chances." Mal replied stubbornly. 

Hades sighed and handed over the ember. Mal turned to leave but a blue haired young man walked into the underground lair, stopping her in her tracks.

"Hey dad I'm home! You better be awake because I--" The young man froze when he saw Mal in the room. "Who is she?"

"Did he just call you dad?" Mal questioned Hades. 

"I'm his son. What's it to you?" The young man asked. 

"I'm his daughter." Mal replied.

The two glared at each other and Hades' eyes widened as he tried to figure out an explanation, but the words wouldn't come.

"Explain now!" Mal snapped, her patience waning.