Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I open my eyes. There is a strange buzzing, and I realize it is my phone. 6:00 in the morning and someone is calling me. I notice that it is Monday which means school but still, I don’t wake up til 7:00 at least. It is none other than Louis. I try to sound as awake as possible even though I am still so sleepy. “h-hello sweets, may I ask again what are you doing up so early?” I am honestly ready to attack him. “ Hey Love, you know by now I am watching Teletubbies.” He sounds like he is 6. “Lou, seriously” I cant hold in a tiny giggle. “ Well, no but I am doing that homework assignment that’s due today. “Oh my sweet sweet Louis, that is due tomorrow and I could have helped you tonight.” He sighs. “ oh, see this is why I need you, and besides I am wide awake.”

“Ok, Boobear tell you what, I am going to go back to sleep and I will see you in one hour. “ok, back to teletubbies”

I wake up again, an hour later and I am still like dead tired. I drag myself out of bed and into the bathroom. I try to wake up by washing my face with ice cold water. I then slowly brush my long red-chestnut brown hair and put it into a neat side braid. I hear the doorbell while I quickly put some lipgloss on and some mascara. I straighten up my light pink jumper and dash for the door. “Hi, teletubbie” as I poke his belly button. He laughs “Hi, we having breakfast”

“just grab something.” I watch as he grabs an apple. He looks cute today as always in his striped top, suspenders, and his wispy hair. “Ready, Steady, go” he runs into the street. I follow hoping he doesn’t get killed by a car. We start heading to school, we see Em. “Hey Em” she waves and joins us. “Hey Rose, me and you need to talk.” I know she wants to know about last night. I nudge her, she is my best friend but I am still overwhelmed with what happened myself. We finally get to school. Emily leaves for Math class. “ Lou, what class do you have now” he scrambles through his bag, “umm, Science” I smile. “ we have the same class” as we are walking towards the science room I catch a glimpse of the school musical poster. This year they are doing hairspray. “Lou look, I hope your name is there one day as a cast member.” He crosses his arms, but honestly it is true he already has a beautiful voice so why not? “Maybe, if they do Grease one year” I nod. I think, crap we are late. I quickly grab Louis’ hand and start running. We get into the science room. Quickly, we grab a seat and look at Louis. He smiles to me. “She’ll never know” He was right, Ms. Handler never notices anything. I watch as she puts the pairs for the experiment on the board. Me and Louis always work well when we are paired up so I have no doubt that we will be again. I watch I am paired with John. He never does any work and he is so annoying. Louis is with Lucy. Just my luck, she has always been jealous of me for a long time. I am still confused by it, I thought it was cause she likes Lou but sometimes she acts like he annoys her. I don’t complain, besides i will be with him tonight for his project. I am still laughing at how early he woke up and the teletubbies.

John is quiet so this will be a breeze. I am a little uneasy, still I try and concentrate. I cant help it, I usually never get jealous. Lucy seemed to enjoy him and Louis is laughing and smiling being his normal friendly self. Then it happens, I felt a pinch in my stomach. She was whispering something in his ear. I thought to myself, it could be anything, but what. I admit I am jealous, I shouldn’t be considering I am his best friend. What could she be saying? Was it about me? I feel sick, I ask to go to the washroom. I am making a big deal of nothing. I walk back to class as calmly as I could. I finally breathe when Ms. Handler says class is over. Louis looks over to me and stares but doesn’t smile back. My heart sinks, what is wrong with him? I calm down, the only thing I could do is ask? Why am I so nervous, he is Louis, my best friend. He walks past not saying a word. I am speechless, what did I do?

The bell finally rings for the end of the day. I cant even think. No, wrong. I don’t even know what to think. Before I can even make myself not want to faint, I walk outside. There is Emily, waiting for me of course smiling. I love her, but right now I honestly just want to be alone with my thoughts.

“Hey Rose, wanna hang out.” She runs towards me leaning in for a hug.

“ Sorry Em, umm my mum wants me to help her with dinner tonight.” I felt bad that I lied to her and I could tell she knew I was by the way she smirked.

“ Ok Babes, call me later then.” I smile and nod as I watch her leave. I wanted to tell her but not right now. I walk to the local coffee shop. I order a smoothie because anything else will make me sick. I sat down in an empty booth and lay my head on the table. I am making a huge deal out of nothing…. Louis is my best mate and always will be. Maybe he is just not feeling well, or maybe I made him feel bad for not joining the school musical. I sit there, thinking of every single possible reason of why he was acting so strange. Nothing. I wish I could at least think of one thing. My head is spinning causing me to close my eyes. I see me and Lou the other day, His arms around me, while we laugh about the stupidest things, sitting on the swing. My daydream didn’t last very long when my phone buzzed. It was a text from mum,

“ Hey sweetie, I just got home from the store.

Wanna come home and help with dinner, Maybe Lou can join us.”

That’s all I need right now, I cant think of a response so I shakily type.

“Sounds good mum, Louis is busy tonight with homework. Ill be home soon. Maybe we can watch a movie too.”

I really needed my mind on other things. Whenever I am stressed, my mum is always there. Today was a day that I needed to calm down and just relax. I start to walk home and as always theres the tree. That tree has been a part of me and Lou’s friendship since we met. Its early so I sit there, staring at the sky, and I close my eyes. I open them. Its late. I run home. I see Louis about to go into his house, I pretend I don’t see him but from the corner of my eye he is staring at me. I could wait to get inside, I needed to be in the company of someone, and this time, it wasn’t Louis.