Chapter 21

Rose

I woke up on a comfy bed and feel like shit.My body felt restless.Everything that had happened came rushing back to me.The torturing,Tasha,Robert and my child.Well,the good thing is the bitch is dead.

I fluttered my heavy eyes open and had to adjust to the blinding light.Then I saw Dimitri's face looking down at me and I just realized that I'm gripping his hand tight.He smiles and brushed my hair out of my face.

"Roza.." Oh how I miss his sweet honey voice.His hand went down to stroke my cheek.I held his hand and bring it up to my lips.His smile widens."How are you feeling?"

"Like shit." My voice came out raspy,he handed me a glass of water."How long have I been out?"

"About 3 days."

"3 days?!" I can't believe I've been out that long."Dimitri,the baby- "

"Is fine." He cuts me off."Rose why did you do that?"

"Do what?" I frowned.

"Went with Tasha willingly.Rose I know you wanted to protect Lissa but you need to think about our child that's growing inside of you." His voice calm but full of frustration.

"I know but what else can I do? What would you do if you were in my situation?"

He struggled to answer."I would do the same thing that you did." He sighed in resigned."But at least,you're still alive and our baby is too."

Then I remembered about the Belikovas."Dimitri did you get them out?"

His smile returns.

"They're downstairs.Come on,Mama is probably making breakfast."t We're on a human schedule.

When I got down,I got swarmed with hugs.Then Mama called everyone to eat.My stomach growled.Man,I'm starving.

"Paul why don't you take Zoya to eat in the living room?" Dimitri said to them.

"Okay,Uncle Dimka." Paul nodded then ushered Zoya to the living room.

"Rose is it okay if you tell us what happened?" Lissa asked timidly.

I look at Dimitri and he gave me an encourage smile.He squeezed my hand.

"It's okay if you don't want to." His voice light and caring.

"Okay." I took in a deep breath."So after I went with Tasha she..."

I started to tell them everything that happened and what Robert did to me and the conversation I had with Tasha.When I told them about the things that Robert and Tasha did to me their faces are full of sympathy and anger.

"Robert got away." Dimitri said,his face unsatisfied."If I knew he was there,he'd be dead." A swirl of darkness swirl in his eyes.I gripped his hand and gave him a 'calm down' look.

Adrian told me that after Dimitri turned back into himself,there's still a bit of darkness in him.

"With Robert still out there,Rose is not really safe.He's a spirit user,he can torture Rose in spirit dreams anytime Rose is asleep." Christian said.

"There's a good chance he turned Strigoi." Lissa said."And if he did,all the other Strigoi will know about the child and would want to hunt Rose down then kill her." Lissa said,face horrified.

"That Robert guy has not turn Strigoi." Said Yeva suddenly."But the baby is a very special child.She's a dhampir but she'd have a fire element.She doesn't need to live with blood.And don't let her fall into Strigois hands because she'd be very powerful."

Even after Yeva said that all I could think of is She? My baby's a girl?

"My baby is a she?" I asked as tears sprung to my eyes.

"Yes." She answered.

Dimitri pulled me into a hug with a wide smile spread on his face.

"We're gonna have a baby girl." Dimitri said happily in my ears.

I'm so sorry that it's short but I feel like I should end it like that.Vote,comment.Thanks. ~Mariam