Neccessary

Jeongin couldn't sit in distress for long. He knew what he had to do next.

     Quickly making sure he wouldn't be seen, Jeongin grabbed his coat and left the house.

     Hyunjin's house wasn't close. It took Jeongin almost half an hour to walk there. More than halfway through, it began to rain. But Jeongin was too far to turn back now.

     By the time he arrived, it was really pouring. Jeongin ran to the front door, shielding his head with his hands to no avail.

     He rang the doorbell. No answer. He did it three more times. Finally, the little spyhole in the front of Hyunjin's door opened.

     But nobody opened the door.

     Getting a little bit frustrated, Jeongin began to knock on the door. He remembered how thin the walls were.

     "Hyunjin! It's me! Open the door!"

     A few agonizing seconds passed. Then, a tired voice answered.

     "Jeongin, what are you doing here so late?"

     Jeongin sighed in relief. Hyunjin was okay. But was he really? "Why didn't you show up today? What happened?"

     More silence. Finally, a sigh.

     "Go home, Jeongin. I'm grounded, you can't come in."

     For a second, Jeongin wanted to believe everything was normal. For whatever reason, Hyunjin was grounded. That's why he couldn't come over. Han's discovery about Lee Know's accident had to be a coincidence. There was no way Hyunjin could be involved with any of this.

     But no, why had he been grounded? Why had Hyunjin's new car been at the scene? And why hadn't Hyunjin texted Jeongin anything?

     Jeongin shook his head. Now was not the time for blind trust. Not after everything that had happened. Now was the time for answers.

     To his horror, Jeongin could hear the footsteps walking away from the door, about to leave him in the rain. Jeongin took a deep breath. He had no choice. "It's Lee Know!"

     The footsteps stopped. Jeongin's last resort had worked.

     "He's in the hospital!"

     In a matter of milliseconds, the door was open. Hyunjin was there, looking like he had seen a ghost. "... what!?"

     "Please let me in," Jeongin pleaded.

     Hyunjin left the door open for Jeongin to walk in. He tossed him a towel and then sat on the couch. "What happened..."

     Jeongin explained, feeling extremely overwhelmed. The events had happened only less than an hour ago. Jeongin felt his eyes tearing up thinking about it.

     As Hyunjin listened to Jeongin, he felt like everything was underwater. Only certain words were echoing in his head.

     Lee Know...

     He's in the hospital...

     A car...

     HYUNJIN'S car...

     Hyunjin put his hands in his head. "Oh my gosh..." This couldn't be true. None of this was happening, none of this was real. But no, the world was ending and there was nothing Hyunjin could do to stop it. "No..."

     Jeongin sat next to him. Hyunjin could feel his stare. He knew perfectly well what Jeongin was thinking.

     "I didn't do it, Jeongin..." his voice cracked. "It's not what you think... please believe me."