one - surprise?

disclaimer: i do not exactly know how kenma's job works or how pro volleyball teams work, so this won't be so realistic.

it's just an AU and im not sure what kenma's height is right now, so let's just say 5'8.

Btw this is rlly old and outdated, shit will be cringe I wrote this when I was immature.

********

"hinata? where's hinata?" you asked looking at your clipboard.

"he went to the bathroom." sakusa sighed, pointing to the hallway.

"alright, thanks." you bowed your head.

i thought hinata stopped using the bathroom before games a while ago. actually he could be just actually using the bathroom.

you are l/n y/n, 22 years old and currently assist the coach of MSBY black jackals.

you went to Jozenji in highschool. you are still friends with the former volleyball team and know a little bit about karasuno's former volleyball team.

"so, you guys are going against players you know? kageyama tobio and ushijima wakatoshi?" you looked at the clip board.

"oh, yes. i know them. and hoshiumi, too." atsumu added.

"oh, nice!" you stuck a thumbs up.

"you don't know some of them, right? because jozenji didn't go to nationals." atsumu snickered. bokuto laughed a little too.

"ay, ay, enough with that. you guys should go stretch now." you nodded, patting their backs harshly. they rubbed their backs, walking to the court.

"l/n?" the coach asked behind you.

"oh, yes? what's up?" you said.

"we're getting sponsored by Bouncing Ball corp. their CEO is kozume kenma. i assume you've heard of it before?" he asked.

"k-kozume kenma?!?" you asked. you didn't exactly know who he was, but you've seen him before in highschool.

"yeah." he shrugged. the coach then walked away and you started talking to yourself out loud.

"kozume.....wasn't he the quiet boy who was always playing games? his bestfriend was kuroo....." you tapped your chin.

"you mean me?"

you thought you were going to faint. whoever it was. kuroo or kenma.

"oh, hey!" you turned your head to face kenma.

"hey, you're black jackals assistant?" he asked.

"yeah. you're kozume, right?"

"yes, call me kenma. i assume you already know me since you were talking about how i was in highschool." kenma laughed.

"...yeah. what do you mean by how you were?" you asked.

"well, i'm not that quiet anymore. i do still play video games though. anyways, where's hinata?" he asked.

"kenma!!!" hinata yelled before hugging kenma.

"hey, shoyo. you heard we are sponsoring your team?"

"yes! and i'm assuming you met y/n? she's kind of our manager."

"hey, y/n." kenma waved as the two walked off. you sighed in relief.

that was so shocking how'd he just appear there? was he there the whole time?

(-.-')

after the game, you drove the boys back to their hotel and headed home. you were kind of in charge of their instagram account and keeping them in check.

but when you had free time, aka being at home you would watch anime, paint your nails, cook, bake etc. anything you cooked or baked you gave it to the team you assisted.

you lived alone after getting kicked out and had all time to yourself. maybe a little too much time.

most of the time, you'd be watching anime and blasting music.

"hello?" you asked holding the phone in between your shoulder and cheek. you were baking something.

"hey, y/n. this is the coach. i need you to head to the hotel right now. i forgot to tell you about an important meeting thing with Kozume." he said, hanging up.

wait, was that even coach? i couldn't even process the voice. he hung up before i could process his voice. he called me y/n, too?

wait, but it's a meeting with kenma.

you shrieked. you quickly put the batter randomly in the fridge and ran to change into something formal.

when that was done, you drove like saeko to the hotel.

"sigh, I'm here." you panted waiting for the elevator.

"wait, is it okay if the batter is in the fridge? did i turn the tv off? maybe i left the oven on??!" you spoke to yourself.

then the elevator doors opened, revealing a tall man with black hair.

the suit had the tag 'kuroo tetsuro'

"kuroo?!" you asked as your jaw dropped. you still knew all these people thanks to training camps and social media.

"y/n! what's up?" he asked as you got into the elevator. you knew kuroo since terushima wouldn't stop bugging you about meeting him.

"well, i got called for an emergency meeting with kenma?!" you yawned.

"kenma? im meeting him, too right now. but to hang out with the others." he raised an eyebrow.

"wait what?" you shot your head to the side.

once the elevator doors opened and stopped, you ran to the boys hotel room, slamming the doors open.

"happy birthday!" everyone yelled, scaring you.

"what?" you turned around.

"did you forget your own birthday?" kuroo cackled. sakusa face palmed and kenma chuckled.

"who called me?" you growled.

"it was him!" bokuto pointed to atsumu. atsumu then tackled bokuto the the ground making everyone laugh.

kuroo walked over to kenma, and hugged him.

"i'm surprised you stayed to help for her birthday." kuroo teased.

"well, shoyo asked me to. plus, she's interesting." kenma side eyed you.