twenty two - mommy issues

____

"do i have to do this?" you scratched your messy hair. kenma nodded, falling asleep. he was sinking his head into his jacket.

you grabbed your phone and finally grabbed the courage to text your mother.

you
hey, it's me y/n

xxx-xxx-xxxx
y/n? we need to talk

howd you get my number?

where are you

i've been looking everywhere for you

you
i'll answer ur questions when we meet in person

meet me at (location/park)  in 2 hours

xxx-xxx-xxxx
ok

^^^^^^^
you dropped your phone, relaxing your whole body. "i-i did it kenma."

he smiled, opening his tired eyes. "good job y/n. so you two are meeting, right?" he asked. you nodded your head.

"yeah. wish me luck." you wiped the sweat on your forehead.

you looked over to kenma. he's been working hard lately. "kenma, you should sleep. you look so tired." you nagged.

"geez, okay. are you going to be able to see your mom by yourself?" kenma asked. you nodded your head, zoning out. your focus was at a low point today.

then, you felt kenma's warm hand lay on top of yours.

you looked at him with worried and concerned eyes.

"don't worry. also i'll force kuroo to drive you there" he comforted.

you nodded, laughing. kenma really knew how to comfort you and make you laugh.

_

"are you sure you don't need someone to watch over...just in case?" kuroo asked, driving you there. you shook your head.

"i can do this alone." kuroo sighed and shrugged. "alright. you do you."

once you got there, you met your mother at a bench. she looked the same. just older and angrier.

"sigh, hey." you said.

your mother turned to face you and her expression looked lively.

"finally. i've been looking EVERYWHERE for you." she said raising her tone.

"yeah....i know."

before you could say anything more, she continued to 'scold' you.

"so you're sakusa's step sister now? what kind of bullshit is that?" she scoffed.

"what do you mean? you kicked me out. you wouldn't know." you retorted. your mother looked very offended and in disbelief.

"i'm still your mother—"

"are you? well. you decide to show up now? and why?" you skeptically asked. she crossed your arms.

"if you were kicked out you should've at least learned something." your mother stated. you furrowed your eyebrows in confusion.

what the hell.

"now you're dating some tired and lazy looking boy? a youtuber? a streamer? are you really planning to marry someone like that?"

your eyes widened in rage and anger.

"yes. of course i am. you have no right to judge who i date. especially when you showed up at their house once. real fan behavior." you crossed your arms.

"why are you acting like this?"

"because of you? maybe if you treated me better or apologized, i'd be more polite. and who are you to scold me about who i date?" you fired.

"you're such a brat. you better not get married to—"

"i don't need your approval. i'll marry who i want & i'll date who i want." you cut her off.

your 'mother' scoffed. "you know what? i'm glad i kicked you out."

you rolled your eyes. "oh please, i'm glad you did, too." your mother huffed.

the argument ended soon after that. she left in anger and disappointment, promising to not come back to see you again.

you still didn't know why she came back. she clearly didn't come to see you.

"okay, kenma you can drive me home." you said through the phone. "alright." kenma said.

you stood there, waiting for him.

"oh, hey y/n." kenma said driving by with the window open. you rolled your eyes. "how'd it go?"

you shook your head. "not good."

the whole car ride was just you telling him how it went. he just frowned the whole ride while sighing.

"you know what you need?" kenma asked.

"no, what do i need?"

"a day off. a relaxing day. or maybe a day out." kenma suggested. you were surprised kenma was insisting.

"uh, s-sure."