four - fired

"what the hell am i going to do now?!" you squirm around in your couch. you were going to have a mental breakdown.

this was the one job you enjoyed and one of the only ones you could keep. now how were you going to pay your bills?

today definitely wasn't your day.

the next day however was different. you decided to drink a little in the morning to let your feelings out. But there is that rule to never drink in the morning. Who cared.

"gosh....what should i do for a living? should i asked yuuji...? or yuu....why do they sound similar?" you babbled.

"one just has the 'ji' the other doesn't..." you cackled.

ring

"gosh, who's here at this time?!" you got up, colliding with the walls in the process.

you rubbed your eyes seeing a kenma and kuroo at your door.

"gasp i'm dreaming right? nobody's here." you convinced yourself, closing the door. kuroo placed his foot in between, making you freeze.

they're real.

"what? what do you guys want? if you didn't hear! I LSOTMY JOB. so let me have my peace." you ruffled your hair.

"see, kuroo? i told you coming at this time wouldn't be a good idea." kenma sighed.

"you, shut the fuck up why do you care? you rejected me to lunch twice. why are you even here?" you spat.

"pfffft, she must've taken it personally." kuroo smiled.

"okay, she needs to sober up first." kenma slapped his face.

"geez, i don't know how to help her when she's drink. i'm going to call teru." kuroo whipped out his phone.

does kuroo not have a job? why is he even here? and why does he care so much?!

———————-

"jeez y/n. stop drinking with your low tolerance....cmon." terushima dragged you to your bed. he then gave you some med and food for you to sleep.

"thanks bro." kuroo sat down on your couch.

"no problem. she's fast asleep now. anyways, what are you guys here for?" terushima asked.

"well, i was at work but kuroo dragged me here saying y/n got fired." kenma played his video game.

"and..?" terushima asked.

"well, i suggested kenma takes her in. he did tell me before she was pretty good at her job and is probably helpful." kuroo added.

"oh? that's good! y/n probably had a mental breakdown yesterday. i'm glad you're helping her." terushima patted your backs.

"no..problem. i mean she's definitely interesting. she's just too energetic for me." kenma sighed.

"hey, kenma. you always say something like that yet you end up telling her things and helping her out." kuroo said.

"yeah. i guess." kenma dryly answered.

"hey, guys? i have to go now. take care of y/n for me. she should be better real soon." terushima said slipping his shoes back on.

"me, too. kenma? can you-"

"no." kenma argued.

"yes. please? i know you care so just take care of her until she wakes up."

"i do not care."

"you do."
"i do not."
"you do."
"i do not."

"i'm leaving you take care of her." terushima escaped the house.

"same here!" kuroo jolted out. kenma was about to do the same, taking his switch with him.

"hello? gasp. how a-are you here?" you frantically asked.

"you let us in. i mean..."

"what? i did?"

"you were drunk. kuroo and i came to your house to tell you something but you were extra drunk. so he invited terushima." kenma explained.

"terushima was here too?!" you asked. kenma nodded and continued.

"did i say something bad when i was drunk?" you shook kenma's shoulders. he was shocked but enjoyed watching this unfold.

"pffft." kenma tried to hold in laughter.

"dang it! i did, didn't i. how do i live on...?!" you rolled around the floor, panicking.

"calm down it's going to be-"

"it's nOT GOing to be fine!" you roared, scaring kenma. right now he was going though a roller coaster of thoughts.

thoughts such as, 'she's too unpredictable'.

"well, now that you're awake i guess i can tell you and then leave." kenma said, wanting to play video games.

"hm? what is it?"

"i know you lost your job and you were probably down about that, so...would you like to work as my assistant?" kenma smiled.

WAIT FOR REALL? ok, working with him?! so i get a new job and get to see him? AND HIS SMILE DKXNAKCJA

"yes, of course i will!" you got excited and hugged kenma. kenma was stunned, unsure what to do.

"thanks thanks thanks. so when do i start?" you widened your eyes.

"euh, you can start tomorrow. at the same building." kenma said.

"wait, kenma?" you grabbed his arm. he turned around to hear you out.

"lunch?"

"no."

***

"sooo, kenma....are you excited to work with her?" kuroo asked.

"eh. shit!" kenma said, playing his video games.

"hmph. well why the heck do you keep rejecting her to lunch?" kuroo groaned.

"geez. i just said she was interesting. that's all." kenma sighed.

"now i have to go livestream." kenma added.

"kenma wait-" kenma then hung up on kuroo.

"sigh, he really is tough." kuroo sighed.

"i should call y/n heh." kuroo dialed his phone, calling you. and of course, you answered.

"hey! what's up?" you coughed.

"hey? what are you doing?"

"baking. anyways what did you call for..?" you interrupted.

"ah, yes what do you think of having your new job with kenma?" kuroo asked.

"wow! it's looking great. uh i mean, i think it's going to be fun. and exciting." you answered.

"uh, alright....uhm how do you feel about kenma?" kuroo snickered.

"oh hes chill. i like him. but he doesn't seem like the talkative social type. at least with me." you shrugged.

"oh, you'd be surprised." kuroo answered.