Chapter 5: Paris

Ring!

I hear my phone buzz and I push my head out of the water. I get out of the tub, dry myself off and check my message.

Jack:
Hey. It's Jack. I hope you got home safely. Text me back if you did. Hopefully you will. Will you? I talk too much. Sorry.

I texted him back with:
Hey, I got home safely. You don't have to worry. Thanks for letting me stay at your house for awhile.

Jack:
Yeah, no problem! Willow can be a bitch like all the time. I'm glad I could help. I'm gonna crash now. Have a good night, love.

Me:
Thanks. You too.

I smiled at my phone. I don't know why but Jack gave me that kind if tingling sensation, like there were butterflies in my stomach. Do I like him? No! It's couldn't be! My mind is going crazy. . .

"Mary! Are you ready to see what I got?!" Screamed my mom from downstairs.

"Yeah, mom! I'm coming" I put on my clothes and headed down stairs. My mom was sitting at the table with my stepdad, Steven, my stepsister, Margret and my stepbrother, Caleb. There was a box sitting in the middle of the table with pieces of paper. Mom was doing her drawing for where we're going to go for winter break. I already knew the process.

"Even though school has just started today we want to start planning our Winter vacation" My mother is always planning way ahead for vacations. I don't want to go them but my mom makes me sometimes. "The box has pieces of papers listed with places. Mary, how about you choose?" Of course. Me.

"Mom, Mary always gets to choose!" Said my, almost 18 year old stepbrother, Caleb. He was always so obnoxious. He acted like a 5 year old.

"Caleb. . ."

"It's okay, mom. He can choose"

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah!" Caleb closed his eyes and puts his hand in the box. After he takes the paper he immediately opens it up. "Paris, France"

"I was hoping you would choose that one!" Said mom with a smile. "Mary, are you willing to go?"

I shrugged. What was the point of going somewhere? You see the beauty then you leave it there in it's place. "I don't know."

Margaret, my 20 year old stepsister, looked at me with a smirk. "Oh please! You know you want to go there. You were the one who did all the research on France. Even taught yourself the language. You can help us talk with them." I hate that my sister pays so much attention to things that she can use against me in the future but she could never pay attention to my elementary school plays.

"You know how to speak French too!" I said back. Ha! That will get to her. "Mom, I don't want to go."

"Honey, why?" Asked my stepfather, Steven.

I looked down, playing with my sleeve. "I just don't want to. I don't feel like leaving for two weeks. Away from my friends."

"What friends?" Chuckled Caleb. Margret giggling also. I kept my head down.

"You really don't want to go?" Asked my mom.

"I really don't want to go."

"Okay. We won't force you." My mother sighed and got up to go make dinner. I ran up to my room. I looked at my phone. Corey had texted me.

Corey:
Can you come over tomorrow after school?

Me:
I'll ask. Why?

Corey:
We just want to hang out with you. Me, Ethan and Justin. We feel like we haven't talked to you at all today. We want to know what your first day of school was like.

This is why they are my best friends, they always care for me. I love them with all my heart. I smiled and replied:

Me:
I'll ask my mom. After school, right?

Corey:
Yeah :)

Me:
Okay. I'll see you tomorrow then.

Corey:
Kk. Goodnight. We love you, Mary

Me:
Love you too. Night <3

"MOM CAN I HANG OUT WITH THE GUYS AFTER SCHOOL TOMORROW?!"

"SURE BABY!"

"THANK YOU!" See, I would usually just go downstairs and ask her but I was to lazy. The struggle is real.

I put my phone on the charger and changed my shirt into a tank top. I walked to my mirror. Every night I would look at my scars. My prints of how weak I am. My personal markings. I got into bed and turned off my lights.

Goodnight Moon.

__________________________
Dear Loves,

I finally finished this chapter. Ugh! I've been so behind on things. Please forgive me. Love you all.

Sincerely,
Mary C., Author.