twenty two

a/n: i had other ideas for this book, but uh... yeah. it turned to frickiN traSh and i promise i'll make it up to yall someday.

+, i will be posting a changlix(skz) fic anytime this week, so watch out for that if u like skz!

again, i'm sorry for turning this book into trash!

GODDAMN IT. seokmin was singing in the gardens. again.

of course, he had every right to sing in his own garden, and he had every right to shamelessly brag about his beautifully loud voice to the sleeping residents of the estate. it was like a lullaby, except that made everyone jolt awake.

the second-born prince's fresh image and heavenly voice attracts a lot of people. he was a godsend, his fans oftenly say. well, his fans don't get to experience waking up to screaming and gargling, courtesy of the prince who was warming up for his songs, so they say that. if they switch places with one of the people who live in the estate, their admiration for seokmin will definitely lessen.

seokmin never stops singing when he gets the chance to sing. he doesn't care if others see him—but not today. seokmin stopped singing when jeonghan arrived at the garden.

"been 3 days. how's jisoo?" seokmin clears his throat, crossing his arms.

"fine. healing, but stay away because chicken pox is the most contagious when it's healing, the doctor said. he'll be out in a few."

seokmin side-eyes the king, who was busy admiring a chrysanthemum. finding it uninteresting, seokmin averts his gaze to his feet and adds a follow-up question. "how about his given task? did he lose time to chicken pox, for god's sake?"

jeonghan giggles, walking towards seokmin with an amused expression plastered on his face. seokmin turns to his right and faces jeonghan, figuring that it was odd for the king to laugh out of nowhere. did he have some kind of weird sense of humor now? was there anything funny in what seokmin said?

"no, he didn't lose anything. if i should say, i am the one who's losing..." jeonghan trailed off, kicking dirt unconsciously. "...both my time, and to jisoo."

seokmin laughs this time, genuinely finding jeonghan's verdict funny. as if he would change his mind easily. "why the smile, your majesty?"

"hong jisoo-ssi is being unbelievably vulnerable and reasonable, providing me very valid reasons why i shouldn't go with the plan. plus.... he doesn't see me as dirt now. he smiles at me now, my dear brother! ah, how lovely it is to be seen by the photographer with an eye for beautiful sceneries!" jeonghan twirls, and seokmin started to wonder if he was trapped in a musical.

"you're the king, yet you're seeking validation from...? ah! anyway, what kind of proof did he show?" seokmin shifts the topic.

"i can imagine how many lives will be lost, just like mine. and, if some were ever left, they'd be longing to be back to the arms of their loved ones but then their loved ones are no more. how vulnerable the people will be, if i force them to enlist and fight for a war that started because of issues that can be solved by myself." jeonghan shrugs. "and a lot others."

seokmin sighed, deciding that it'd be better if he answered: "i'm on jisoo's side, just so you know."

but, in his head, seokmin wondered: how the hell did jisoo remind him of those things?

"pleasant afternoon, jisoo!" jeonghan pushes the two doors open, revealing himself to jisoo who was previously looking out the window. the photographer curiously turned around and squinted at jeonghan, questioning his deeds.

jisoo plays with the end of his silk robe's belt, muttering, "what?"

"i feel so alive and happy today. i don't know why, though." jeonghan sighed in content, stepping closer towards jisoo. jisoo leans on the windowsill. "so, jisoo-ssi, do you want to go to the gardens with me?"

"you're the one making moves now? aren't i supposed to be the one who's stealing your precious time?" jisoo answered, licking his lips after getting deciding that he's had enough of the uncomfortable feeling of his dry and pale lips making contact as he spoke.

jeonghan laughed, since, that was true. technically, jeonghan wasn't making any sort of 'moves', as he was just trying to relay the good news to jisoo.

"come on, hong jisoo-ssi! what do you say?"

with a sigh (and a faint smile), jisoo walked towards jeonghan. he nods, and replies: "okay."

however, jeonghan didn't match jisoo's excitement. jisoo was being nonchalant, while jeonghan was being overly enthusiastic about the trip to the garden. what could it be? why was jeonghan so happy?

"hong jisoo-ssi, why do you take pictures?" jeonghan asked, out of nowhere. pleasantries, jisoo guessed. "or, rather, why do you like doing it?"

"if i answer, will you stop the plan?" jiso returns the favor, raising an eyebrow at jeonghan. he knew that his methods were quite desperate now—but who cares? jisoo was doing everything he can, in fear that he might have lost three—no, four days to persuade jeonghan.

with a glint of mischief in his eyes, the king replied. "what if... i say yes?" he giggles, stepping down from the small set of stairs. he observes jisoo's face, who perched at the last step of the staircase since he was still in shock. "you just have to make sure you don't lie about your answer."

"i take pictures because that is the only way to stop time. do you understand, your highness? sometimes, you want to stay in one moment forever. but you can't. so, you snap the most memorable moments of life so you can look back at it and reminisce for as long as you like, but with imagery." jisoo reasoned, as a beautiful smile blossomed on his lips. "plan is cancelled?"

"yes."

"YES! I SU-"

"no more war, but i will still hunt down the citizens of grazia who have done me wrong." jeonghan adds, sprinting towards the gardens while humming an annoying tune. "better, right?"

fuckass. jisoo blew a raspberry, rolling his eyes and scurrying quickly to the gardens before jeonghan caught him putting up attitude. jisoo gave him a great reason with eloquent words and—-? jeonghan is a crook!

"whatever. they were just pawns."

"but they shouldn't have took that path, the dark path," jeonghan shivered, making an ugly face at that. jisoo laughed. "hey! it's fair, unlike the war plan."

"i thought you didn't care about anything earlier?"

jeonghan sighed, unable to answer. jisoo narrowed his eyes, wondering if the king was ignoring him or if he just had nothing to say to his stupidness.

wait, is that the announcement? jeonghan cancelling the war?! yes! yes! jisoo's got loads of money now, he won't ever have to go to work, even! he can buy a manor for his parents! he can buy lots of things!

"anyway, your highness?" jisoo asks, watching the king pick a flower. "thank you."

"no problem."