ch. 1

TW: slurs, mature language, homosexuality, brief homelessness

July 21, 1975 (Summer before 5th year)

Sirius slammed the door to 12 Grimmauld Place, tears threatening to spill from his eyes. He was ready to start a new life, one where he wouldn't be judged about every single little detail about his life. His parents had found out that he was gay. They had, being the wankers they are, kicked him out. He was currently wandering the dark streets, occasionally passing a stray addict or scam artist on the street. He didn't have any idea of where to go except to his best friend, James Potters' house. He apparated to Godrics Hallow, just outside of the Potters' house.

He was still crying from what his mother had just said, despite her being a bitch, he had always looked up to and admired her, how whenever she walked into a room everybody knew she was there, how they looked so alike, their strong jawline, black hair framing their pale faces, stubborn personalities, he hated it so much though too. She had said that he was incompetent, stupid, a faggot, and that he was the absolute worst possible person they could have given birth to, along with other things he wanted to forget about more than anything.

James opened the door to see his best mate crying harder than he had ever seen him cry before. James was one of only 2 people who Sirius had ever felt comfortable breaking down or sharing his feeling around. When he had brought Sirius into the house and sat him on the couch with a mug of hot tea and a fluffy blanket, and finally, when he had stopped crying, told James that they had found out. They had found out that he was gay. James was the only other person who knew that Sirius was gay besides Lily, whom he had told in the second half of the 4th year at Hogwarts. Sirius had come out to him in 4th year as well, a month after Sirius himself had realized and accepted it, James had taken it very well, saying that he had assumed it since the 3rd year. 

James told Sirius that he could sleep in the guest/Sirius' room that night because Mr. and Mrs. Potter were staying at a hotel a couple hours from the house. They wouldn't be back until the next day. Sirius ended up sleeping in James' bed with him. He woke up around 2:00 am, changed into one of the jumpers he had taken from Remus a while ago and came downstairs to lay on the couch and think about his life.

(A/N Comments And Feedback Is Always Appreciated :)