Chapter 5! The Day After

*I call him*

Me: Prince

Prince: What do you want Maria?

Me: I’m so sorry. You’re right it should be me and you forever.

Prince: I’m sorry Mari you chose. You chose Marquis.

Me: But- *Prince hangs up*

Damn! He didn’t let me explain that his girlfriend, if they’re still together, is texting Marquis. Whatever. He’ll just have to figure it out on his own. I’m just gonna sleep it off.

When I fall asleep I have a dream that I move away from all my friends and there’s no way to communicate with them. But before I left me and Prince got in such a huge fight we never wanted to see each other again. I couldn’t stop thinking about him. No one at my new school liked me. Everyone made fun of me. I hated it! I was crying to go home. Bam! I wake up.

I’m not even sure what happened. All I know is that I’m sweating. I check my phone, its 8:30. I go and take a shower. When I get out I change and go down stairs to find my mom making breakfast.

“Morning ma” I say sitting on the island.

“Good morning. What was all that yelling about last night?” She asks as she cuts onions.

“Me and Marquis got in a fight.” I answer picking at the bacon.

“Don’t touch. What about?”

“I don’t want talk about it.”

“Ok. The food will be ready in about 20 minutes.” She says.

“K.” I say jumping off the island. I go into the living room and turn on the TV.

I pick up my phone and go on Instagram. Prince posted a picture and the caption said: thought friends were forever… guess I was wrong. Don’t be afraid to tell someone how you feel, the way they react is on them. </3 @princemisfit

I pretty sure that was about me. The comments are harsh. I mean one chick says “Fuck the Bitch who ruined your friendship.” Ok that isn’t that bad some of these are rude and pointless. Ima comment! Let’s see what he’ll say. “That person must of only wanted to be your friend for the fame.” Bam! Three new comments. “Girl you right!”one of them says. The third one says “Maria don’t.” Guess who it was from. Yup, Prince.

“Maria the food is ready!” My mom shouts.

“Going!” I shout back. I get up and run to the table.

“Sírvete,” My mom says. I serve myself egg w/ bacon and some hash browns.

“Ma, this is good!” I say with my mouth full.

“No hables con tu boca llena!” My mom says.

“Where’s dad?” I ask.

“He went to your Tio’s house.”

“Oh, well Ima go to Shyann’s house in a little.” 

“Are you telling me our asking me?” she says.

“Mom, can I go to Shyann’s house?” I ask sweetly.

“Who else is going?”

“I’m not sure. I think it’s just gonna be us two.”

“Ok. just text my when you get there.” She says in her motherly tone.

“Yes mom.” I sigh.

When I finish I go up stairs and do my hair. I take a picture and post it on Instagram. I grab my bag and head down stairs. “Bye mom” I shout as I walk out the front door. I get in my car and start driving to Shyann’s house. It takes about 20 minutes to get there.

“Hey!!” I say when she opens the door.

“Hey girl,” She replies as I walk into her house.

“HEY MRS. M” I shout.

“Hey Maria” She shouts back from the kitchen.

“So Maria what was Princeton’s post on Instagram about?” She asks staring me dead in the eyes.

“Stop staring at me!!” I shout while laughing.

“Well where am I supposed to look at there’s no one else here!?” She says laughing.

“I don’t know! Gosh! & we kinda won’t be looking for each other anytime soon is all I gotta say.”

“Wait what? What did you do this time?” Her domineer changes.

“Why is it my fault?” I ask shocked.

“Never mind, so what happened?”

“We shared feelings, I said something I’ll regret for the rest of my life, and yeah!” I sigh. I have tears in my eyes and my voice kinda cracks, but I play it off.

“So it is your fault?” She asks.

“I guess! Can we go shopping or something now?” I snap.

“Yea let’s go.” She picks up her purse and shouts “BYE MOM! WE’LL BE BACK LATER!”

“Ok” she replies before we walk out. When we get to the cars we exchange looks. “Let’s go in your car”

“Umm why is my car being volunteered?” I say looking at her with attitude.

“I was just saying! No need for the attitude!” She replies.

“I was just kidding.” I laugh unlocking my car.

Prince’s P.O.V

Yes that post was about Mari! She has the audacity to call me to tell me I’m right! She probably broke up with Marquis for some reason. But I don’t care I have Amber. Speaking of Amber I should text her.

*Texts*

P: Good Morning BEAUTIFUL! <3

A: Morning?

P: What’s wrong?

A: Nothing. I was up all night talking to a friend.

P: Oh, who?

A: Damn! Why do you care?  You’re always in my business!

P: Excuse you! I was asking! At least I’m trying! You just sit there  criticizing everyone! You know what bye Amber. I probably won’t talk to you later.

A: Fuck you Princeton!

*end of texts*

If she wants to be a bitch Ima let her be a bitch! Yes I know it’s wrong to call a woman out her name, it’s just she pisses me off sometimes. I usually would text Maria at a time like this but… Yeah. So instead I go down stairs to get a bowl of cereal.

I grab a bowl, put my cereal then milk, and sit on the couch. Next thing I know Maria’s mom is calling me. I wonder what happened, cuz she only calls me when it’s an emergency.

*Phone convo*

Prince: Good Morning Ms. G

Ms. G: *sobbing* Jacob! Maria is in the hospital! Can you come pick me up?

P: Calm down, and yes I’ll be there in a minute.

Ms. G: Thank *sniff* Thank you Mijo.

*End of Phone convo*

I run up stairs put my shoes on. Then I run back down stairs grab my keys and run out the house. I speed to Mari’s house. I honk the horn and Ms. G runs out. She opens the door gets in and shouts “Drive Jacob!” I step on the gas and sped all the way to the hospital. I’m surprised I didn’t get pulled over. We run into the building and she asks the receptionist where Mari is and we run to the area. We stop at the waiting room where Shyann and Roc are. “Where is she?” Ms. G asks grabbing Shy’s shoulder.  

“She’s down the hall 2nd door on the right.” She answers.

“What happened?” I ask.

“We were driving and a car ran a red light and hit Mari’s side.”

“Okay. Well are you okay?” I ask.

“Yea, just go to Mari” she says. I turn on my heel and I swear I see Amber. I run to her room.