Chapter 9: Tartarus

I sat in the Atlantean War Room, sitting with Dad, Triton, and Delphin. It's not the first time I've been to Atlantis, as I've had training sessions here. "Know that everyone's gathered, Percy, inform us who you believe to be your biological father," Dad asked.

"I believe my father is Tartarus, the Embodiment of the Pit," I answered. Dad froze, stunned, along with Triton, and Delphin. "What makes you so sure, brother?" Triton asked.

"Monsters sense me like any other Demigod, but only when they get within an inch of me, now it's just outside Sword length, they show pure fear, and flee from me.

During my trip to the Metropolitan Museum, I was visited by the 3 Fates," Poseidon turned paler than Hades. "They were disguised as frail old ladies and sat with us for lunch. Alecto, who was spying on me, attacked soon after once I was alone. A deep voice, that shook the earth, froze the walls, and made the air crushing, ordered her to release me," I said.

"That seems plausible..." Triton started. "I'm not done. When we were almost pulled into Tartarus, I felt belonging at the Pit, like I was meant to be there. And when a Titan tried to pull us in, I forced the Pit closed with a thought. Tartarus is also the embodiment of Judgement, and I could tell that there is a traitor to Olympus, because they had a red aura," I finished.

Delphin fainted, around the time I mentioned the Fates. Triton looked highly uncomfortable, and Poseidon was glancing warily at the ground. "Triton, go to the forge. I want a Cyclops to test his scent, preferably one that has been to the Pit," Dad ordered.

Triton sped off. "This is very troubling news, Percy. If it is true, then we could have a serious problem. A Primordial has risen, and fathered a Demigod Child. The King of the Deepest Pits of the Underworld, Prison of the Titans and Giants, Home and Birthplace of all Monsters. This is to remain in Olympus. If word got out, mass panic would ensue," Dad said. "Understood, Father. This is a pressing matter, that will remain private," I agreed.

"Lord Poseidon. Lord Triton says you needed my aid. Specifically my nose?" A large, 9 foot tall, Cyclops asked. "Yes. Before that, have you been to Tartarus?" Dad asked.

The Cyclops stiffened, but nodded. "Do you have a memory of the scent?" Dad asked. He nodded, even more stiffly. "Please, check the scent of my son, Perseus," Dad ordered. The Cyclops hovered over me, and took such a huge whiff, I stood up a bit.

Pure Terror flashed through his eyes, and he stumbled back, onto his butt, cowering. "Triton? Which Cyclops did you get?" Dad asked. "The Leader of the Forges," Triton answered absentmindedly, staring at me in shock, and slightly intrigued.

"You are dismissed," Dad said. The Cyclops charged out of there, nearly collapsing from his fear. "Perseus..." Dad called. I then noticed the light seeming to fade. I looked up, and a Black Image of a Guillotine hovered above me.

The Fates flashed in, somehow breathing underwater. "All Hail Perseus Jackson, First Demigod Son of Tartarus, Primordial God of Punishment, Judgement, Imprisonment, Evil, and the Pit. King of Monsters. The Eldest Primordial of Chaos," they announced, and flashed away.

"That...is enough for today," Dad said, his voice incredibly hoarse. "Percy, return to Camp. I will inform Zeus of your servitude."

Triton walked me out, and we just strolled through the streets in silence. "So, I was wondering, how many monsters fled from you?" Triton asked. "Well, there's the Minotaur, the Chimera, but not sure what else at the moment," I said.

Triton chuckled, probably thinking about the Chimera cowering away from me. We split soon after, and I made my way back to Camp Half-Blood.

Time Skip:

It was the end of summer, and I waited in a secluded area of the woods. I had this idea, to join the Titan. But, not completely. Instead, I will be a spy for Olympus, gathering intel. Currently, only Dad knows, and we'll keep it that way.

"Perseus?" Luke called. "Here!" I returned. "You ready?" Luke asked, coming into view. I nodded. I held out a medallion, and I grabbed hold. In a couple of moments, we appeared somewhere else.

"Luke, who have you brought?" A craggily voice asked. I stepped forward, cutting Luke off from speaking. "I am Perseus. Adopted Son of Poseidon, God of the Seas. Blood Son of Tartarus, Primordial of Judgement, Imprisonment, Punishment, Evil, and the Pit! And I swear by my father's name, my loyalty to you!" I called, secretly holding my fingers in a 'lying gesture.'

"Son of the Monster Lord. Yes, you will be a perfect addition," the voice said. "Luke, take him to his chambers. Tomorrow, he'll bring us an army." Luke nodded, and led me out.