2

The two entered a Shabu-shabu place where Joss take Zen for their lunch and take their seats in front of each other.

Zen doesn't like Shabu-shabu since it's tasteless for her, but she wouldn't tell that to him now or whined about they should just eat at a Korean Restaurant instead.

Joss doesn't know her food preference. They are not often going out to dates. They're keeping their relationship lowkey. Not that they denied when asked but they keep it off the radar of others, and she's okay with it.

After a year of bliss being together, Joss graduated from senior high and entered college while she finished her senior year at the same school. Joss became busy with college stuff's while she became busy with her academics and being the sports club president after Joss graduated.

They both became busy that Zen doesn't imposed and whined on Joss too much like before when they're on the same club. It's enough for her that Joss calls, that they celebrate each other's birthday and Joss visit the club when she asked for his help.

Even with the young age, Zen is matured enough to understand that Joss is busy. She understand him like she understand her father whenever he leaves for work or her brothers when they are busy with work or their lovers and she left alone sometimes on their mansion.

She was matured enough to understand that the people she loves are doing something important. Even if she feels neglected at times she needs to understand for them not to be worried.

"I'm sorry for not calling for the past week. I was busy doing my structures and catching up to practice." Joss said after they ordered.

Joss is a basketball and swimming athlete and an Architecture student at the same time in Empire High University.

She smiled at him, "Don't worry. I understand."
She truly does, since she was also an athlete and a student at the same time. Maybe his classes in college is taking too much of his time that's why he needs to catch up to his practices.

Zen caress Joss hand on top of the table. "What's wrong?"

Joss sighed and remove his hand on her touched.

"Let's eat first."

Zen was eating the vegetables on her plate slowly, the tension between the two of them is making her hate the tasteless food more.

By the time she notice that Joss is done with his food, she stop on eating and took the glass of water down on her throat, washing the food she couldn't digest at the moment.

"Okay. Talked."
She couldn't wait anymore. The tension is killing her and it's making their special day ruined. She wanted this to be over, so she and her boyfriend could go on a date.

She was thinking about the amusement park that has the biggest ferries wheel. Maybe they could enjoy different rides and then ride the ferries whe--

"Let's break up."

The train of her thoughts was cut. Not only cut but came crashing down on the bridge. She couldn't process what does Joss mean but it surely make her heart stopped beating for a second.

She look up only to see Joss avoiding her eye contact.

"What do you mean?" She did a good job of making her voice stay as it is. Thinking that she just heard it wrong.

Joss sighed.
"Zen, let's break up."

Her eyes started to glisten with tears.
"Bu- but.."

"Look, it was hard for me too. But as you can see, college stuff's and my practices are eating up my time." He sighed. "I even barely call or have the time to see you. I am guilty, making you wait. And soon enough when you entered your chosen university, you would understand what I mean."

"But I wasn't even complaining!" She couldn't hold it in anymore. Good thing that their table is at the farthest corner, away from other costumers. Maybe Joss knew she will burst out like this.

Well, who wouldn't? Your lover for 2 years, not to mention that today is your anniversary decided to break up because he was busy doing college stuff's!

But guess what? She doesn't even complain, because she understand him. Yet there they are. Joss breaking up with her because he was too busy.

"I'm sorry but I don't wanna continue this anymore." With that, Joss stood up from his seat and leave a crying Zen alone.

Did I asked too much from him?

Zen's head was in chaos. She finds Joss reason for break up is so lame coz she is trying hard to understand him. That studying must always come first to every student like both of them, but it doesn't mean he has to cut her off like that.

Wait.

Maybe, that's right!
He was so busy with his college stuff and practice that he has no time for me anymore since he graduated from senior high, and we don't go to the same school.

But he doesn't know that she got accepted and even topped the entrance exam at Empire High University that she took online since she wanted to surprised Joss about her admission.

She was about to tell Joss today, but things doesn't go her way and he calls for a break up.

Maybe he'll change his mind after he saw me at the University.

With that in mind, Zen wiped off the stain of tears in her face and stood up to pay for their lunch but only notified that it was already paid.

She called War and asked him to pick her up.

"Why me? Did you finally sneak out that you need me to pick you up?"

"No. But I need you right now." She said with her sad tone voice.

"Shit! What's wrong? Is your security details not around? Give me 15 minutes, I'll just change."

"Just come here, please." Another sad tone.

"Fuck it! I'll be there in 10!" And the call has been cut.

Zen took a sit at one of the bench inside the mall while waiting for War. Not even 10 minutes have passed, War was sitting beside her, panting.

"Hey! What's wrong?" Worry is evident on his voice when he saw Zen sitting alone on the bench while waiting for him.
Zen was one of the strongest girl he has ever met. Not only referring about her black belts on martial arts but her outside demeanor. His favorite cousin might appear strong and independent to others but only their family knew how sweetheart she really is.

And now, seeing how sad her eyes is, he just knew something was wrong.

"I'm going to buy some school supplies for school. Wanna go with me?" She smile. But it didn't reached her eyes.

"Hmm.." He knew she will tell him but not right now. Not in this crowded mall. "But you gotta buy for me too!" Who instantly agreed by Zen.
And the two started shopping for their things.

War and Zen are cousins. Their mothers are twin sisters. Both of their mothers died on giving birth to them. While Zen has two older brothers, War had one older brother.

They we're each others best friend.

Their family is aware that their Princess has a special someone regarding how she smiled at the first few months she was first enrolled and by the reports of her security details. But they never question her or asked who that guy is, even though they are so protective of her. Hell! They doesn't even care as long as their Princess is happy. Her brothers and cousins might joke about it sometime but it just always ends there. They respect her decisions and trusted her.

They are waiting for Zen to bring the guy to their mansion to scrutinize him but it never happened. All of them are curious about the guy, only War knew who the guy was since he was studying with her and he was also part of the Sports club, he was a pretty good swimmer and loves to play lawn tennis with Zen.

War knows how much Zen loves Joss. The way his cousin's eyes sparkle everytime they are talking about Joss was different, even after Joss was not attending the same school as before, but today, those eyes lost it's sparks.

And all of it must be today.
When it was supposed to be Joss and Zen's 2nd Anniversary.