Prolouge

Love, I never really fully understood it. The closest that I could get to love was with my family. We always stuck by each other's side but the two closest family members towards each other were both my parents. They’d always kiss each other before going to work, I found it romantic. At certain times I see love being too complicated, is it really worth giving your whole self to someone else? Is it even like that? Sometimes I find love to be based around true friendship, I always see it to be sweet. 

As I head over to the kitchen I see my father reading the newspaper, my little brother Xion who’s eating breakfast and mother is turning up the radio. I stand there for a bit before she notices me and takes me over to the bathroom to do my hair. When I’m facing the mirror she notices me with a worried look on my face, “ Oh my little Mei Lein, I know it’s hard to face senior year.” It wasn’t only that, I felt like an outcast going to that school, that I didn’t fit in. When I went to a American high school, the amount of Chinese people that went there was low, most of the American teens would either stare at me or call me racist names. I couldn’t move to another school, my parents couldn’t afford it and plus it would probably be worse as more people went to the others.

At times I wished we were back in China, I always felt safe and secured there, my parents knew it was time to move somewhere else. They saved up their money and used it to travel by boat, we believed we were heading over to Australia. Things are still not great, neither of my parents are fitting well in their jobs and I’m not fitting in at school. Xion is literally the only one who is happy and is enjoying himself, he may also be the only Chinese student in year one but his primary school had more respect then my school. Everyday he comes home with a smile on his face and a new drawing in his hand, then there’s me with a frown on my face and my head held down.

‐‐---------AUTHOR NOTE:
Please, if you have any feedback, comments or suggestions I'd love to know😇