Chapter 7

Jungkook stood near the window in his room, looking at the clear sky. There was not one cloud in sight. His room was brightened with the moonlight of the full moon and there was complete silence around him. He focused on the clearing of their forest; a buzz of excitement reached his ears. The clearing was decorated with lights and chairs for the celebration to be held. He sighed.

A knock on his door made him turn from the window, Jimin peeked in,

"Hey, you ready?" Jimin's eyes scanned Jungkook dressed in a black turtle neck with a black jacket and black dress pants. He left his brunet hair blow dried hence having soft curls, falling on his forehead. He had dressed perfectly for the formal event.

His father was to pass down the title to him and Sean would be given the title of Beta by Jungkook, then he and Sean would have to lead the pack for a run around the borders, marking and claiming the territory as theirs.

Jungkook looked at Jimin and nodded. Jimin sensed that something was bothering him as his smile did not completely reach his eyes,

"Is everything alright? You are not having cold feet, are you?" he joked, Jungkook snorted.

"No, I knew I had to take over one day. Besides I have been preparing for this from a long time, it's too late to back out."

"Then what is bothering you?" Jungkook looked out the window, he did not know if he should tell this to Jimin, especially when the latter was already stressed. But he also knew the blonde wouldn't spare him until he speaks.

"It's just that," he paused and turned to look at the smaller male, "I always knew I had to rule, but I always pictured you by my side. I have always trained with you, taken your advice. When I did not find my mate, I thought I would have you walk with me as my second. Don't get me wrong, Sean hyung is more than capable, but it is just not the same. I'm not making any sense, am I?"

Jimin walked towards the brunet and placed his hand on his shoulder,

"Jungkook, I am sorry-"

"Don't be sorry, it is not your fault, I understand where you are coming from. But I'm scared, what if I let the pack down? What if I am lost? Without you and without my mate by my side, what if I-," Jungkook did not want to finish the thought but it would seem that he was really panicking, not because he was suppose to rule but because he was meant to do it alone.

"I know it is immature of the future leader of the fourth largest pack in the world to whine like this but, but-"

"Jungkook stop!" Jimin cut him off and placed his palm on the cheeks of the younger, "It is not immature. You have a human side to your emotions too. It is okay to feel scared or lonely without having the way you have always thought things would be. It is not wrong; it just shows you care. And you are not alone, I promised to stay by your side and I will do so. I just need some time to make it official. But I'm always here for you. You can come to me anytime!"

Jimin patted Jungkook on his shoulder and gave him a hug. Jimin felt the tension leave the younger's body and relax in his arms. Jungkook returned the hug. He felt a lot more comfortable. He knew that even though not officially; his Beta would always have his back.

"C'mon, lets go, everyone is ready and waiting," Jimin said. Jungkook gave a smile and nodded. He checked his hair one last time before leaving his room, following Jimin.

They walked out of the pack house where Sean was already waiting for them. Since they were both to ascend on the same day, they both had dressed similar. Jungkook would first become the Alpha and then he would have to give Sean his position because of the absence of the Beta family. Their Elder would be the bridge between them and the Goddess.