Chapter 3

From the sun disappearing into the horizon to the stars filling up the sky, the duo stayed seated cross-legged, near the lake talking about everything to little nothings, yet avoiding to talk about their discussion with the Alpha. They let the lake breeze overtake their inner turmoil. They both felt a little at ease by the time dinner was announced through the pack link and they, reluctantly, left the lake.

Dinner in the pack house was a little special that day as it was a Sunday. The pack had a little tradition. A large pack such as theirs needed to be connected with one another to stand united against their enemies and so their previous Luna, Jungkook's mother, had started a little tradition that every Sunday, the whole pack would gather in the conference hall, that could hold over a thousand members, to have dinner together.

The parents were to feed their children first, who would then go and play with the other kids, and then dinner for the older members would be served, in batches of two or three. Their Luna had also ensured that everyone had equal opportunities, much to their Alpha's dismay, making the males and the females cook together for all the members.

In their pack, the members were free to do anything they wanted, irrespective of their genders and no one would question them, at least not openly. The Alpha and many pack members had opposed this suggestion but since Jungkook's mother came from a pack larger than theirs, none could actually question their Luna. The Alpha agreed to the changes made by his mate and accepted her dying wish to let things be as they were.

With their Luna gone, some of the members had begun questioning but their future Alpha was headstrong like his mother. Things were okay for now.

At dinner everything went smoothly. Jimin was, once again, surrounded with the pups, demanding that he tell them what happened in the story. This perked up Jungkook's interest.

"What story are you telling them now? They seem very much interested in it," he questioned when they were done with their dinner and walking towards their rooms. Jimin's smiled faltered a little and Jungkook raised his brow,

"You know," Jimin shrugged, "About our history," he said.

"You're biting your lips Jimin. I know you are lying. Besides, the pups hate history!"

Jimin knew he was cornered. He smiled,

"I was telling them about the Omega and his Alpha."

Silence.

Jungkook had heard that story. His mother had told him but not all of it. As a kid, Jungkook was much into realistic stories and not fairy tales. And so, he never sat through those kinds of stories. The Omega and his Alpha being one such story that Jungkook never bothered listening to until the end. Later when Jimin came, he too was told the story and for some strange reason, according to Jungkook, Jimin believed every word of what his mother and Luna had told him.

"You know its just a stupid fairy tale. I don't understand what part of the story makes it believable," Jungkook shrugged, raising his hands. Jimin glared at his friend,

"Just because you have no appreciation for 'fairy tale' doesn't mean others don't like it. Also how do you even know that it is a fairy tale? You did not exist a thousand years back, it could be true for all you know..."

Jungkook had tuned out. It was no hidden fact the duo fought, they had their differences, they accepted it most of the time and moved on. But this was a fight that had taken place many times. Jimin would accept anything but not someone questioning his beliefs. Jungkook knew how this conversation would end and he did not want to fight with the latter especially now, when Jimin need him and so he quickly said,

"Okay Jeez! Calm down. I'm sorry. Relax man!" he put up his hand and smiled showing his acceptance. Jimin took two deep breaths and calmed down.

"You know I love you, right? You scare me to hell at times but I still love you." Jungkook said, placing his hand on the other's shoulder.