Chapter 6

The pack house bustled with preparations for the upcoming event of succession. Jungkook was accepted by most of the members because one, he was the son of the current Alpha and two, he was capable of the responsibility given to him. In the past years, the pack had witnessed Jungkook solving conflicts in a very calm manner whether it be a physical conflict or a heated discussion between the members, he also trained very hard and had good strategies during battle, which he had proven during the rogue attack that killed his mother and the family of the Beta.

It was Sunday, two days since the announcement was made to the pack that Jungkook was to be the next Alpha, in a week, the pack was getting ready to go for a hunt for the mass dinner of that night. Everyone had gathered in front of the edge of the forest, already shifted waiting for their future Alpha and their future Beta who would join, in fact lead them for the hunt.

Jungkook came out of the pack house with Jimin on his right and Sean on his left. All three men half naked. It was a great display for the unmated wolves, a few of which tried to approach them but the trio paid no attention.

The older members of the pack disliked seeing the formation of their upcoming leaders. They did not appreciate outsiders to be on their leader's side but they knew they had no say. The previous Luna had fought enough when Sean was declared as the Delta and he was someone they could not challenge in a fight. They knew that Jungkook had his mother's headstrong personality and that the trio were very good friends. There was no way one could go against their leaders and continue to live in the pack peacefully.

The trio, with Jungkook leading, walked right into the centre of the formation and shifted. Shaking off his fur, Jungkook howled. Following him, his family howled. They were ready for the fun to begin.

Without another look, the hunters and their leader ran off into the luscious green. They separated into three groups, each lead by one of the trios. The cold breeze combing through their fur and the moon shining onto them, this was bliss.

An hour of running made them all go their separate ways, Jungkook and his group had already caught a deer and a part of his group had been sent back to the pack grounds so the cooking could begin. The others continued to hunt cracking a little joke here and there.

Admits all the adrenaline, no one had noticed a certain pack member leaving the pack grounds and disappearing into the no-man's land.

Jimin had ventured off own his own to the cliff he had found a week ago. There was just something about the cliff that had caught his attention and had pulled him back. On reaching the edge of the cliff, he huffed out and began to relax. He sat down and stretched his limbs. He knew that the pack had more than enough members to take care of the food and that his group did not really need him since majority of the members did not like him.

He looked at the moon, this time, he wanted to ignore all the troubles and just relax. His mind blank, he just stared at the moon and waited. For what? Even he did not know.

After relaxing for about quarter of an hour, he thought he would better to get back. He was an hour and half away from home and the hunt must be coming to end. He despised the look and scold Jungkook would give him if the younger found out that he had left the borders all alone at night.

But before he could turn and leave, he heard a snap of twigs.

It was then that he smelled the strange man. That was what Jimin had been calling him in his mind for the past week.

He could feel eyes on him, he looked towards the same direction where he had first found the silhouette of the man and sure enough, the man stood there. His eyes made contact with the glowing ruby red eyes and his nose picked up the stench.