vulture

I heard birds singing. Loki and Peter talking with, I think, a nurse. I opened my eyes and felt a cold rush up my spine. I moved my legs slightly to get comfortable.

"We have an awake patient" the nurse said looking at the watch on her dress and walking towards me.

Loki was smiling big with his hands behind his back. Peter went to call everyone in. Loki knelt beside the bed and was rubbing my cheek with the back of his fingers.

Stark ran in and everyone walked in. Loki was whispering things to me. Making him and me smile.

Stark knelt down on the other side of me and everyone else grabbed a chair. Steve, being Steve, stayed standing up at the end of the bed with his hand on Bucky's shoulder. Stark looked over and jealousy rose. Nat sat on the end of my bed like she normally does.

"Hey baby girl" stark said as he put his hand in my hand and are fingers intertwined.

"Hey dad" I said it. It felt like a relief to call him dad even though he wasn't.

"Awe" Nat said now eyeing Tony who was ecstatic.

I tried sitting up but the nurse softly pushed me down "stay down, you shouldn't be moving so much yet"

"Okay" I said. I curled my toes under the blanket dew to the heat.

"Her temperature has risen a bit" the nurse said checking me again "ok, only family can be in here now"

"Damn" quill said turning to the door.

Everyone started heading for the door.

"But" I said smiling "they are family"

Everyone turned around smiling and the nurse shook her head and walked out.

Everyone started chatting and I joined in some convo telling me what I've missed. The gaurdians trips through space and stark with his upgraded suits and Shuri with t'challa's suit. Peter had something to say but he couldn't say it, so I gave up. I eventually fell asleep and after 3 minutes of falling asleep vision noticed.

"Stark, she's asleep" vision reported

"Oh, she is" stark said as he looked towards me "ok everyone out"

"She looks so peaceful" mantis said

"She does, doesn't she?" Bruce agreed

"Remember, even if she's peaceful, she could easily burn or freeze her room down again" nebula warned

"I'll stay with her" Loki implied

"Fine, don't try and do something stupid that'll hurt her" Bucky pinched the bridge of his nose "as in climb in bed with her. She had broken her back and just recovered two days ago"

"I'll just stay seated, here" Loki said now getting a chair and sitting on it.

"You do you Loki" Thor said walking out last.

Loki kept me company even if I was asleep. I could feel his hand placing on my face. I heard him cry but he was laughing. I didn't hear what he said as the laughing muffled the crying and the crying muffling his words.

_5 hours laters_

I woke up to Loki leaning on my bed sleeping. I put a hand on his head and stroked his midnight curly hair.

I slowly got out the bed. I leaned on the bed for support as I stood up. I had a bandage binding my chest and nothing else on except for some joggers and some weak bandages wrapping around my sole of my right foot and wrapping around my ankle. I slowly walked over to the window. I felt like I was walking on knives.