Chapter 2

"Ugh" I groaned as I rolled out of bed and onto the floor.  I felt a sharp pain from my side from where my father had kicked me LAST night.

I felt shivers go up my spine as I made my way to the bathroom.  I shut the door as quietly as I COULD and locked it.  I then walked over to the shower and turned it on.  I turned and faced the mirror and pulled my top over head my eyes were red and puffy from crying and also purple from the bruises.  I felt stinging from the cuts I had engraved in my pale skin.
I jumped into the shower and when the hot water hit my bare back I quenched my teeth together but then it started to soothe the pain.

************
I walked through the school gates my head bowed not wanting to make eye contact with anyone. 
Riiiiiiiinnnnnngggggg. The bell sounded and I made my way to home room.  Name after name got called by our grumpy old teacher Mrs Norman.
"Max Hale"
I could feel the other students eyes bore into my back.  I gave a quiet answer and everyone started muttering.

As I was walking out of homeroom I got shoved up against a wall I glanced up and saw who was holding me against my will it was Trent Richardson.
"So I see your back at school you should have done yourself a favour and take that crappy life of yours."
I glared at him and he smirked
"Fucking geek" and next thing I knew he was, was punching me my nose brusted out with blood.  When I had taken my beating I slumped against the wall for support.

I made my way to the bathrooms and mopped up my face that was caked in dry blood.  Once that was done I saw no point in going to class so I just sat there locked in the cubicle until the bell went for our next class.

Of course my next class had to be social studies the one class where we had a seating plan and the one class when someone was made to sit next to me.  That someone was usually Keith Pines.  But is course he wasn't here he probably ditched again.

When everyone was seated the principal Mr Howard came in with a girl.  She was pretty she had bight green eyes and strawberry blonde hair.  She glanced around the room taking everyone in.  The the principal introduced her.
"This is Lucy Evens please do your best to make her feel welcome"

The principal left the room without another word after Miss Leggit had thanked him.  Then miss leggit told her to take a seat and it just so happens the only spare seat is next to me.

She sat down next to me I kept my head bowed incase she had already heard about me.  When the went I packed up my belongings and was about to walk out the door when someone grabbed my arm I truned around expecting to see one of the guys wanting to give me another beating but it was Lucy.

"Um I just wanted to say hi." Started Lucy.
I bowed my head not replying to her and started to walk out the door again when she called after me.
"Max wait"
How did she know my name and as if she had read my mind she siad
"I looked at the cover of your book."

I carried on walking trying not to get the new girl in trouble on the first day but she carried on following me at some point she tried walking beside me but I speed up.

The went and we truned around to go to her next class but she glanced back at me and then ran beside me then turned back again I didn't realize she had slipped a piece of paper into my pocket.

AN/////
I'm so sorry I haven't updated lately but I've been so busy I'll try to have more time so I can update but I can't promise you guys that I'll update soon because I know I won't be able to I'll try my best to find time but also if you want a good chapter that also takes time.
Once again I'm sorry for not updating in ages I hope you guys are not to mad at me.
Bye guys.
Remember vote, comment and follow.  Feedback and your opinion on this book is always welcome.
Peace out guys.