Chapter 13

"Bruce!"

All that was left was an obliterated post, handcuffs, and nails and knives stuck in it. Her eyes widen. He was missing and Jerome was on the route to kill him. "You need to save him," she told Victor who started carrying her away from the scene.

"Rose-" Victor had to stop walking and put her down. The moment she saw Jim running in a direction, Rose ran after him. "Rose!"

"Rose, you need to get to-"

"Jerome's going to kill Bruce," Rose cringed when she heard a gunshot. "Please Jim," She was panting while she stared up to him, silently pleading for Jim to do the right thing.

"Rose it's not safe for you," Rose caught sight of Alfred before hurrying after him. If the police officer won't listen, then maybe the butler will.

"Rosie," Rose ignored her name being called by Victor.

"Alfred, Jerome's going to kill him." Rose managed to catch up, stepping backwards as he started to punch a goon and knocked him to the ground.

"Well miss, Jerome's going to need to get through me before he gets to Master Bruce." Rose jumped when she felt an arm wrapped around her, before recognizing Victor's gloved hand on her.

"Rose, I need you get you-"

"Alfred!"

"Bruce!"

Rose was relieved, probably less than Alfred, but still relieved to see Bruce running into Alfred's arms.

Whatever they said, it was drowned over the screaming Rose could hear. She stared at the exit Bruce came out of, anxiously waiting if Jerome would follow pursuit.

Jerome staggered out, eyes landing on Bruce before shuffling over to get what he wanted the entire night.

"Watch out!" Rose yelled as Jim yelled something before punching him twice. Rose barely caught glimpse of what came flying off of Jerome's face before being spun into Victor's chest.

Jim had literally punched Jerome's face off.

***

Rose sat in a chair with a hot chocolate in hand and a blanket around her shoulders. She was waiting on Victor to get them a car so they could go back to her campus.

"They said an officer would take us back." Victor told Rose before taking a seat in the chair next to her. He watched as the girl barely nodded her head, staring at the cup that held her drink.

"I don't know what Jerome would've done if he had killed him." She muttered quietly.

Victor looked down to the floor before looking back to the ginger. "You ran back to get him. Into shots being fired."

"Adrenaline makes people do impossible things. They won't think before they act." Rose felt her eyes getting heavy, holding back a yawn from being released.

An officer walked up to them, telling them that he would be taking them back to Rose's campus.

Rose stood up, allowing Victor to wrap an arm around her shoulders while they followed the officer to an unmarked police car. They both got into the back seat.

Rose wasn't sure how long it was into the drive, but her head slowly started to bob and it became almost impossible to keep her eyes open. Her head rested against Victor's arm, and when he looked down to the girl, she looked to be passed out.

The assassin didn't do anything beside keep an arm around her and watching the cars that drove drove past them.

***

Rose lazily opened her eyes, surprised to see that she was in her dorm room. When she lifted her head up a bit, that's when Victor stood up from the chair he was sitting in and brought it closer to the bed.

"What time is it?" She asked while looking at her clock, seeing that it was close to three in the afternoon.

"Always thought you were a light sleeper," Victor told her as he was the one that carried her from the car to the dorm building. "And you need better food selection." He was disappointed to see that the only food Rose had were granola bars, trail mix, and pretzels.

Rose rubbed her eyes before sitting up on her bed. She looked around the room before pinching her arm repeatedly. She knew she was awake when she felt the pressure of her nails digging into her skin. Rose didn't know what to say. Mainly, the girl was still processing what happened last night and early into this morning.

"Rose," the girl looked over to Victor. "I'm sure if you need time away, no one will judge you."

Rose shook her head before bringing her fingers to her mouth, chewing on the nail. "I'm fine," she mumbled to him. Right now, she wanted to return to normalcy. Catch up with any missed work and maintain her grades.

"He won't get out will he?"

Victor took noticed of a look of fear on Rose's face. He shook his head. "That clown won't be getting near you on my watch."

Rose smiled weakly, feeling some assurance with what he said to her. "Thank you," Rose looked down to her bedding. "And thank you for being there."

"It's my job." Victor had a small smile on his face, noticing a smile of Rose's face and seeing her body relax the longer they're in the dorm room. He stood up from the chair and tossed Rose's dorm keys and her college ID to her.

"What are you doing?"

"We're going to get some real food." Was all he said, pulling the girl to her feet, and walking her out of the room and building.

For once, Rose kept a smile on her face, feeling comfortable with life at the moment and what may come towards her in the future.