There Father is a Question

"Can we not do this?," the boy said.

"My dear child not participating is not an option and frankly I'd be disappointed that you my child would even think that was a possibility" He spoke with a sense of disapproval. "All of you, whoever wishes to not participate, you have two options: have a nice comfortable death by poisoning or you'll have to fight me" he said. He glared his daggers at all of his children but what made it more unsettling was the condescending smile as if to challenge them to speak. No one spoke and the silence was crushing Wrath in a snake like grip and the longer it went on the tighter it felt. "Well now that we've gotten that out of the way.," He waves to the men to arrive, each man holding a weapon of sorts; some held swords, some held axes, and some held spears. The children were handed weapons, some barely able to pick up their weapons. The children looked at one another preparing for what would happen. "My children you will not be fighting each other now but in six months we shall begin this little game so keep your weapon secure, does everyone understand," he said. Wrath looked around and noticed that the majority of his siblings were nodding instead of verbally saying that they understood. "These men will be helping you with your training, but until then follow them they'll lead you to your new home, "he said. The walk was uncomfortable, like walking on dry lava, solid enough to stand on but the heat would linger. There were screams but they weren't loud which Wrath found to be strange, they are in hell would that not be expected. It seemed like it was designed to keep the horrors of this world away from them. Wrath found it strange that a man, their father, would have them witness the death of one of their siblings yet will not allow them to witness the atrocities of this world. Before Wrath could come up with a theory of sorts for their fathers behavior. Before he could come up with a tangible idea they came toward a castle. None of the kids could decide if it looked like a castle or not. The architecture was in the shape of a castle but the material looked like lava that somehow was able to take form. The lava looking building was surprisingly not producing heat, Wrath kept trying to make sense of this strange place. They walked into the castle and were shocked to see that the walls and ceiling was white and the floor down the hallway was gold. As the children walked down the hall they saw huge gold frames with nothing in them, Wrath felt unsettled, and he thought ,why did he have empty frames? He did not understand his father. He was like a walking contradiction, in some moments he shows signs of caring and then in others he's utterly sadistic. Wrath's thoughts kept spinning with different opinions, none of his thoughts were able to stay concrete.