Three

When Jeongguk came to, he almost believed he was still at the hospital. It was evident that he was on a bed, and he could feel some hands on him, could make out someone muttering hastily while doing so. But when he allowed his mind to gather its focus, he was able to come to terms with the fact that he was home.

He was home and the person that was currently touching him, was Hoseok.

But he was suddenly attacked by a fuck ton of pain that had Jeongguk yelping out in surprise and discomfort, taking in Hoseok's words, "It's a shit feeling, I know, but I need to clean you up, Jeongguk. You were bleeding everywhere when I managed to get you in bed. Fuck. Fuck." The elder cursed, and again, Jeongguk felt even more pain.

By then, he realized that Hoseok was applying a generous amount of rubbing alcohol, hoping to disinfect his wounds to the best of his ability. The only downside of it all is that they didn't have a medical kit of any kind, so Hoseok had to resort to clean shirts and cloths. Was it really that bad? All Jeongguk could remember was how much pain he was in when he had arrived at the apartment.

"What the fuck happened, Jeongguk? Look at these, they're not superficial – you need to go to the hospital."

No!

"No..." Jeongguk groaned, shaking his head. Not there, he couldn't go back there, "I just need to rest a bit." The pain was dizzying, actually, he wasn't sure if sleep was such a good idea at this point.

"Are these sutures? A lot of them seemed to have come undone; have you already been to the hospital? And they let you come home like this?" Hoseok's voice was filled with disbelief, quickly turning into anger, but Jeongguk was quick to intervene.

"I wanted to leave..."

"Jeongguk, why?" Hoseok seemed mildly frantic.

"Don't trust them..."

Hoseok sucked in a breath, clearly not happy with the answer. By his friend's logic, Jeongguk was probably in the wrong for being so distrustful, and knowing Hoseok well, he was sure he was going to go against Jeongguk's wishes anyway. "You're an idiot, Jeongguk, you're bleeding everywhere, clearly making your wounds worse by not given yourself proper time to heal. You'll die like this."

Jeongguk didn't care, he just wanted the pain to stop. Why wasn't it stopping?

"Who did you get into a fight with now? Judging by how many times you were stabbed, it wasn't pretty." Hoseok continued, slowly pressing over Jeongguk's sore spots and making him grit his teeth, panting as searing, hot pain nearly overwhelmed him.

"Bar fight..." Jeongguk managed, feeling a few tears accumulating at the corners of his eyes.

"A bar fight." Hoseok repeated in exasperation. "I'm getting you back to the hospital."

At this, Jeongguk tried to sit up, nearly losing his breath in the process. There was a lot of pain that accompanied the ghastly sight that was his abdomen. There was a lot of blood, both fresh and dried, some wounds still strung together by sutures, while others had been opened and torn from all the walking and jostling, he went through since leaving the hospital.

There was pus, angry swelling, and a lot of bruising.

But despite all of that, Jeongguk didn't want to go back. He only just made it back home, and already his friend was going to take him right back?

"I don't want to go...back there, hyung..." Jeongguk tried to fight, but Hoseok was already moving away from the bed, heading for his closet. Jeongguk watched, powerless to stop Hoseok from dragging out a duffel bag. Unzipping it in one, fluid motion, Hoseok then went to work in stuffing it with necessities, some clothes, a few things from his bathroom – just anything needed for a trip.