Chapter 02 - Matching Smile

When I unlock our room, Roxy threw herself on the rug, covering her mouth with both of her hands. She blasts out laughter as soon as I shut the door. I put my keys on my study table as I climb up to my bed and proceed to look for the novel I was reading last night. Roxy then sits up and leans her back against her bedside, still sitting on the floor.

"Clay, you've been in that situation a lot already, you still don't get it? You're being confessed you know." Roxy chuckles a bit after saying that as she massages her forehead. Meanwhile, I'm here trying to get my brain to load after hearing what she just said. Confessed? I stare at my book blankly.

"Hey, we're in our senior year already. This year would be our last year being a high schooler. Don't you want to try to fall in love at least? Even I have someone I like." She looks at me with a serious face. I let out a sigh and answered her. "He doesn't even know you like him, right? How's that not the same as me? You're still single.."

Roxy throws her pillow, hitting me directly in the face. Love... I never even thought about it even once. That's just how it is, I just want to study all I could while I'm still in my teen stage, and I just wanted to work alongside my father with his business before taking it over as well as my mother's organization properly one day. I don't have time to fall in love.

Roxy laid down on her bed and covers herself with her blanket. I could still hear her soft chuckle under it. "Go out with you? Sure, there's a door at the end of the hallway." She's being polite now, she tries to hold back her laughter.

I take the novel I read last night and pulled out the bookmark, putting it next to my phone. Come to think of it, I never once read a romance genre book. I put down the novel and take my phone, looking at my reflection on it... It's not a weird thing if someone is not interested in having a romance in their life. I let out a sigh, but when I wanted to continue reading, I forgot that I pulled out the bookmark before closing it back. Frustrated, I forced myself to sleep which made me have a headache later in the afternoon class as a result.

***

It's the next morning. It's currently 6:32 am, and the weather is good today too. It's a fine day to have a morning jog since there's nothing to do and there's no class anyway. I got into the bathroom and have a nice warm shower. Going to my closet, I take the one I saw first. It's a sweater with a smiley design on the left sleeve in faded purple color. I tie my hair into a ponytail while walking towards the door while biting my hair tie. As I properly closed the locked door behind me, I just realized that I forgot to take my keys. But on the bright side, Roxy always woke up by the time I came back from jogging.

I came down the stairs instead of using the elevator even though it uses more stamina. When I arrive at the main entrance, I saw a male figure outside. I really wanted to avoid going through there as I don't want to interact and ask him questions, but I have to. Even if I wanted to run away, the security hasn't opened the other doors before 8:00 am. So... I don't have that much choice.

As I go near there, I can see his face clearly now. It's the vice-president, Aaron. He wears a blue hoodie with a clean white cap. Since he's facing here, so I guess he can see me immediately from there, and as usual, he has that smile that he always has on his face. "Prez, are you busy?" He asks while his hands are in his pocket. I look at him as I explain to him using the jogging gesture.

"..In an oversized sweater?" He clearly looking confused after knowing my answer. "I took the one that visible in my eyes first. What you're doing outside the girls' dorm? Waiting for your girlfriend?" He turns his head down when he heard my question.

"I am indeed waiting for someone, but I'm pretty sure you're not my girlfriend." He turns his head back up as his cheeks turn a little bit red. Is the weather hot though? That aside, Aaron told me that he needed my help in choosing a gift for his mother. I tilt my head in confusion as I ask him, "Why me?" He turns his eyes away for a while and answers "You're a designer daughter, so that's why I thought you can help me with it,"

My father is indeed a designer. A clothes designer. I'm a bit confused though. He's one of the regular customers in our store. I thought he knew that but I didn't even bother to tell him that and just agree to it. He smiled brightly afterward as if there are flowers in the background. His smile kind of has a different vibe to it and it makes me look away from him, making me walk past him to get down the porch.

He grabs my arm suddenly, stopping me from getting more further than him. He looks at the logo on my sleeve and he's making that smile again. My heart literally thumping by it. The more I look into his smile, the more I realized that he actually does it a lot. He let go of my arm and turn his back towards me. "I also wear a smiley outfit today, we're matched, Prez!" I saw a smile on the back of his hoodie.

As I look at the design, I realized that he has a nice body proportion. His broad shoulders are the first thing I noticed. He would be a nice model though. Now I'm interested in trying to design male outfits. Actually, I can try making his prom suit though, or I can just make him be my first male model for my work. I'm pretty sure my father would be surprised about me making male outfits.

I've been admiring his body for quite on that I didn't realize that he's looking at me over his shoulder. He didn't say anything, he just looks at me and his face is a little bit red like before. When our eyes met, He forms a small smile. Maybe I've made him uncomfortable. He stands next to me while holding his cap.

"Shall we go now, Prez?"

- End of Chapter 2 -

Extras:

Character Profile (2)

Name: Aaron Skye
Age: 18
Birthdate: 8 November
Likes: seals, plush, mint
Hates: slimy object

Facts:
- always ranked 2nd
- his mother is a lawyer, his father is the CEO of Skye Company
- next successor of Skye Company
- has a twin younger brother
- became a vice-president in sophomore year
- never called Claire using her name
- has a good leadership
- have three ears piercing on his right ear
- vapes when stressed
- wears a ring on his middle finger and thumb on his right hand
- idolized and respect someone from his childhood
- Claire didn't remember she suspend Aaron for a day back in freshman year