Airport Battle

Traffic rolls around the victory column. Police convoy drives beside the river Spree. Amidst the convoy is a gray armed truck. Inside Bucky wears restraints inside a prison pod. Three armed guards sit on the other side of the glass-walled pod. A police motorbike stops traffic and a van driver looks affronted. The convoy turns a corner onto a bridge across the river. In an SUV T'Challa sits in front of you and Steve who sit in front of Sam. "So, you like cats?" Sam asked. "Sam." You said. "What? Dude shows up dressed like a cat and you don't wanna know more?" Sam asked. You rolled your eyes. "Your suit . . . t's Vibranium?" Steve asked. T'Challa's eyes narrow as he glances sideways. "The Black Panther has been the protector of Wakanda for generations. A mantle, passed from warrior to warrior. And now, because your friend murdered my father, I also wear the mantle of king. So, I ask you . . . as both warrior and king . . . how long do you think you can keep your friend safe from me?" T'Challa asked. Steve is stony faced as the convoy heads underground.

*******************************************

In a light gray walled bunker Bucky's pod is carried away by a forklift. Nearby you and Steve get out of the SUV and Steve glances across at Bucky who doesn't spot him. With Sam and T'Challa you and Steve approach Sharon who's standing with a diminutive, gray-head man. "What's gonna happen to him?" Steve asked. "Same thing that ought to happen to you and your girlfriend. Psychological evaluation and extradition." Ross said. "She's not my girlfriend, we're just friends." Steve said. "What about our lawyer?" You asked. "Lawyer. That's funny. See their weapons are placed in lockup. Oh, we'll write you a receipt." Ross said. "I better not look out the window and see anybody flying around in that." Sam said. As you go Steve looks back and catches Bucky's eye. "You'll be provided with an office instead of a cell. Now, do me a favor, stay in it?" Ross asked. "I don't intend on going anywhere." T'Challa said. "For the record, this is what making things worse looks like." Natasha said. "He's alive." Steve said. "No. Romania was not Accords-sanctioned. And, Colonel Rhodes is supervising cleanup." Tony said on his phone. "Try not to break anything while we fix this." Natasha said. "Consequences? You bet there'll be consequences. Obviously you can quote me on that 'cause I just said it. Anything else? Thank you, sir." Tony said. Then he hung up. "'Consequences'? You asked. "Secretary Ross wants you three prosecuted. Had to give him something." Tony said. "I'm not getting that shield back, am I?" Steve asked. "Technically, it's the government's property. Wings, too." Natasha said. "That's cold. You're lucky they can't take away your powers, (Y/n)." Sam said. You only nod in agreement. "Warmer than jail." Tony added.

At a power station surrounded by trees the van with the driver who was affronted by the police convoy pulls up by the open gate. Scowling he puts the parking break on and picks up a clip board."Hey, you two wanna see something cool? I pulled something from Dad's archives. Felt timely." Tony said. Tony shows him two pens in a black presentation box.FDR signed the Lend-Lease bill with these in 1941. Provided support to the Allies when they needed it most. "Some would say it brought our country closer to war." Steve said. "See? If not for these, you wouldn't be here. I'm trying to . . . what do you call it? That's an olive branch. Is that what you call it?" Tony asked. "Is Pepper here? I didn't see her." You said. "We're kinda . . . well, not kinda . . ." Tony said. "Pregnant?" You asked. "No. Definitely not. We're taking a break. It's nobody's fault." Tony said. "I'm so sorry, Tony. I didn't know." You said. "A few years ago, I almost lost her, so I trashed all my suits. Then, we had to mop up HYDRA . . . and then Ultron. My fault. And then, and then, and then, I never stopped. Because the truth is I don't wanna stop. I don't wanna lose her. I thought maybe the Accords could split the difference." Tony stands up and paces."In her defense, I'm a handful. Yet, Dad was a pain in the ass, but he and Mom always made it work." Tony said. "You know, I'm glad Howard got married. I only knew him when he was young and single." Steve said. "Oh, really? You two knew each other? He never mentioned that. Maybe only a thousand times. God, I hated you." Tony said. "I don't mean to make things difficult." Steve said. "I know, because you're a very polite person." Tony said. "If I see a situation pointed south . . . I can't ignore it. Sometimes I wish I could." You said. "No, you don't." Tony said. "No, she doesn't. Sometimes . . ." Steve said.