The Race

You and Vanellope sit in a fungeon fortress. The door looks unbreakable. Silly pictures and games line the walls. You and Vanellope sit in the middle of the room with "Glitch proof" collars and chains around your waists. BAM! Ralph busts the door down and pushes in your fixed karts. You and Vanellope give him a look. "I know, I know, I know. I'm an idiot." He said. "And?" Vanellope asked. "And a real numbskull." Ralph said. "And?" You asked. "A selfish diaper baby." Ralph said. "And?" Vanellope asked playfully. "A...Stink brain?" Ralph asked. "The stinkiest brain ever." You said. Giant soda bottles pop and spray. The lids of the fan boxes fly off, revealing hundreds of spectators. The racers line up at the start. A blimp flies over head. King Candy stands in his royal box. "My sweet subjects, I can without a pinch of hesitation assure you that I have never been so happy in all my life to say the following words: Let the Random Roster Race commence! Cheers!" King Candy slides down his royal banner. He lands in his own kart. A marshmallow waves the checkered flag. 

And they're off! Ralph and Felix ride on the back of Vanellope's kart, you riding next to her. "Remember, you don't have to win! Just cross that finish line, and you'll be real racers." Ralph said. As you enter the arena, Ralph and Felix jump off the kart. "We're already real racers, and we're gonna win!" Vanellope said. You and Vanellope speed across the starting line and enter the race. The racers enter gum ball pass and must dodge gum balls the size of bowling balls. Adorabeezle Winterpop hits a Power-Up. Her kart transforms to reveals an ice cream cannon. "Power up!" The announcer said. She shoots a scoop of ice cream, hitting Jubileena square in the face. Oh, Ala Mode!" The announcer said.  King Candy hits a Power-Up. The hood of his kart opens and unleashes a canon. He fires three fireballs at Rancis and Minty, knocking them out of his way. "Have some candy!" King Candy said. "Red hots!" The announcer said. Further back on the track, you and Vanellope pass Minty Zaki. "Vanellope! And (Y/n)!" Minty said. You and Vanellope then catch up to Taffyta. "Pardon me. Excuse me. Hot soup! Coming through!" Vanellope said. "Lady with a baby!" You said. "It's the glitches!" Rancis said. "The glitches?!" Taffyta pulls ahead and up the layer cake, lined with giant cherries. She passes Candlehead. "Light 'em up, Candlehead!" Taffyta said. Candlehead leans over and lights the cherry stems with the flame on her helmet. They turn into cherry bombs that blast as you and Vanellope glitch past them.

"What's this? Cherry bombs!" The announcer said. Taffyta hits a Power-Up. Sprinkle spikes shoot out the back of her kart and hit Vanellope. "Vanellope!" You said. "Stay sweet, glitches!" Taffyta said. You and Vanellope glitch all over the place, out of control. Taffyta, Candlehead, and Rancis shoot into a giant straw. You and Vanellope glitch up the rear. "I told you. You're just accidents waiting to happen!" Taffyta said. You two suddenly glitch between the karts and end up in front, driving straight. Shocked, the racers lose control and spin out, just as the tunnel spits them out over the sea. You and Vanellope land hard on the ramp on the far shore, stunned and confused. The rest of the racers miss and crash into giant cupcakes. Taffyta cries. "My candle." Candlehead said.  "Alright, gotta keep it under control, (Y/n). No more glitching." Vanellope said. You nod, then follow her. You and Vanellope drive through the ice cream mountains. King Candy looks shocked. You and Vanellope smirk and enter the mines. King Candy takes a short cut. King Candy sweeps in and rear-ends you so hard that you spin out. He hits you again and your front end goes up on his hood. 

You try to shift and get off of his hood. "(Y/n)!" Vanellope shouts. "Get off my track!" He said. "Hey! What are you crazy?!" You asked. King Candy stands up, breaks the antenna off of his kart, and whacks at you. You scream. "Leave her alone!" Vanellope shouts. "Knock it off!" You said. You and King Candy wrestle with the antenna. You glitch nervously, causing King Candy to glitch, too. "No, no! I'm not letting you undo all my hard work!" You grab King Candy's antenna and wrestle with him. The more King Candy glitches, the more you lose sight of him and get flashes of a creepy, familiar face. You and Vanellope scream in shock. "What the... who are you?!" Vanellope asked. "I'm Turbo! The greatest racer ever! And I did not reprogram this world to let you, your sister and your obese warthog take it away from me!" He aims for a wall separating a fork in the road. He's going to ram you right into it. "(Y/n)!" Vanellope shouts. "End of the line, glitch." King Candy said. "Glitch.... That's it." Vanellope said. "Come on, sis. I know I said not to do it again but just do it one more time. Just focus and concentrate. You can do it." Vanellope said. You focus like she said. You glitch. Disappears. Reappears to the left of the wall. Vanellope smiles. King Candy swerves, bounces off the wall, and heads down the right hand tunnel. "Yes! You did it, (Y/n)!" Vanellope cheers. "Sweet mother of monkey milk! I did it!" You said. You drive beside Vanellope toward the finish line. "There they are, Ralph!" Felix said.