moving

The last bell rings signaling the end of classes. It is Friday afternoon so everyone celebrates the fact their weekend is starting. Yuka takes out her phone and checks again when her train to Tokyo leaves. She takes her bag with necessary supplies for the weekend from her locker and walks towards the station. She pops her earbuds in and gets ready for the 2-hour trip. When she took a seat her phone gets a notification. 'I will pick you up, how late are you here?' it says. Yuka smiles. 'Thanks Akaashi. I will be there around 17:15' she sends back. Akaashi answers with a thumbs up. Yuka locks her phone and watches the different landscapes pass her by.

When she gets of the train Yuka finds her way to the exit. She looks around, trying to find Akaashi in the noisy mass off people. 'Hey hey hey, Saegusa!' Bokuto's voice sounds from not too far away. Yuka suppresses a chuckle and turns to where the sound came from. Bokuto and Akaashi are making their way to the brown-haired girl. 'Good to see you Bokuto-san.' Yuka says softly. 'Are you still going to your apartment today?' Akaashi asks. 'I admit that I have a lot to do, but today will be pretty late to still head over.' Yuka answers. Bokuto and Akaashi nod in agreement. Until her apartment is ready for Yuka to move in she will be working on it in the weekends, Bokuto and Akaashi offered to help her out after their practice and Yuka gladly accepted it. Since she has to travel 2 hours from Miyagi to Tokyo and later on 2 hours back they also offered for Yuka to stay over at one of their places. Yuka was happy with their offer and accepted it. This weekend she will be staying over at Akaashi's place and the next week at Bokuto's. 'Do you have a plan for your apartment already?' Akaashi asks. 'More or less, I am planning to repaint the walls in a more broken white color. Right now they will hurt my eyes with how white they are. I will be replacing the floor too, some of the wooden planks have gotten damaged. I am planning to make some wall art on my bedroom walls. Misha was more skilled in it than me, but I also have some skills in art. The bathroom already looked fine as it is. About the study and the other bedroom, I am not entirely sure what to do.' Yuka says. 'Sounds like we have some work to do.' Bokuto says. 'Yeah, but I am sure it will look great once were done.' Yuka says. The three high school students continued their way to Akaashi's place and just talked about volleyball. 'So, will you be becoming one of our managers too?' Akaashi suddenly asks Yuka. 'I haven't thought about that yet.' Yuka says evading having to answer with yes or no right then and there. 'No need to worry, we understand if you need time to decide what to do, even more after the thing with Karasuno.' Bokuto says. Yuka is touched by the boys their support. Akaashi and Yuka split ways with Bokuto at some point and they head towards his place in a comfortable silence.

Yuka was welcomed warmly by Akaashi's parents. They assured her it is alright she stays the weekends until her apartment is ready. 'I am sorry Saegusa, I explained them why you were moving when they asked.' Akaashi says. 'It is okay, the parents of my real friends knew too.' Yuka says smiling softly. Akaashi shows Yuka to a small but comfortable guestroom and Yuka places her things on the bed. She gets changed into some more comfortable clothes and unties her hair. She plays with some of the strands. Misha always liked to brush her older sister's hair after school. Yuka takes out her brush and starts humming the same song Misha always hummed when she was doing Yuka's hair. A small smile forms on Yuka's face. She misses the familiar touches of her sister's hands doing her hair. A soft knock breaks the girl's memories. She wipes away some small tears. 'Come in.' she calls to the person that knocked. Akaashi opens the door. 'Dinner will be ready in a little bit.' he says. 'Alright, I will be down in a minute.' Yuka answers. Akaashi nods. 'We won't judge you, so feel free to show you are hurt. You have been through too much to be all smiles.' After these words, the setter left her alone. His words were exactly what she needed to hear. That it was okay to stop smiling and saying she is okay. That she can just cry. After taking a moment to calm down she wiped her eyes and walked downstairs. Yuka knew her eyes would look puffy of the crying, but after what Akaashi said she didn't even try to hide it. His mother reassuringly rubbed her back for a moment while his dad gave her a warm and understanding smile. She appreciates it, they don't ask her anything, they just show it is fine she has it hard. Dinner passes in a nice and friendly way. Yuka gets to know Akaashi's parents and Akaashi himself more. Meanwhile Yuka tells a little more about herself. 'I used to write a lot while Misha, my little sister, made the illustrations. I lost all inspiration and motivation after the accident.' Yuka says. 'One day you will be struck with an idea, I am sure of it.' Akaashi says. Yuka nods and enjoys the food.