4. Not So Bad

"Emily? Hey wake up?" I felt myself being shook. I slowly opened my eyes. It was Mike and Brandon.

"Hey guys." I said.

"Why are you sleeping on the floor?" Brandon asked. Mike gestured him to shut up.

"Did you fall off the chair?" He asked and I nodded. "Are you hurt?"

"My head hurts but I'm fine. I wanted to sleep on the bed, I tried getting on but I couldn't." I said.

"You wanna be on bed right now?" He asked and I nodded. I took off the blanket and gave it to Mike. He handed that to Brandon and Mike picked me up and placed me carefully on the bed.

He put the blanket on me and they both sat beside me. I was still holding my head when he asked, "Do you need a pill to make it better?"

"No, I'll be fine. I'm anyway on too many medicines, I don't wanna cause a circus in my body." I said and Brandon laughed.

"What did you do all day at home?" Brandon asked.

"Nothing, I was very bored. I was hoping I can join school early, like tomorrow or day after instead of Monday. I'll be busy."

"Sure, which reminds me, I have to help you study what happened so far." Mike said. "I'll be back." He ran out of the room.

"Are you good at math?" Brandon asked.

"Yeah I guess I am." I remember scoring good.

"Can you help me?" He asked.

"Why not Mike? From what I've heard, he's smart."

"So am I, that's why I didn't ask him. He's very demanding." He said with a sour face and I laughed. He's really cute.

"And what about others?"

"Asher is busy at his job and Lucas is a jerk. He only knows how to get into a girl's 'you know what'." He whispered the last part and I laughed.

"Sure I'll be happy to help you." I said and he gave me a toothy smile. His brown hair and his jawline matched with Adam. Also, they both give me a good vibe.

"I'm back." Mike ran in. "This is your schedule which I picked it up from school and some notes of the classes which neither of us share with you. I talked to a girl, Rebecca, and she gave me these. When I told her about you, she said she's looking forward to meet you."

New people? No I'm terrified. "Thankyou so much." I smiled. He kept the books and stuff on my night stand and handed me my schedule.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"It's 4. You wanna eat something?" Mike asked about to leave the room.

"An apple?" I asked.

"Be right back." He left the room.

"Can I sit with you?" Brandon asked.

"Sure." He hesitated a bit then joined me.

"You know I always wanted a sister. My brothers always make fun of me and they control everything. Sisters are more loving and fun."

"Aww thanks." I said. I looked at the schedule. "Lets see what am I getting myself into."

"Calculas, literature, History, political science, art and Spanish. Hmmm... Not bad." He wrote names with whom I'll have the class with. Calculas - Asher and Mike. Literature - Rebecca. History and politics with Rebecca and Mike. Art with no one and Spanish with Lucas.

"What do you wanna be when you grow up?" He asked.

"I always wanted to be a lawyer."

"Oh great. Then you'll be my lawyer when I file a case against my brothers." He said and Mike entered.