I know those eyes P.2

I was distraught as I drove over to the library. I could be going insane. That was the most reasonable explanation.

I mean, who is this person?

All I knew was that I had to find out.

Upon entering the library, I walked straight up to desk where a woman was typing steadily on a computer.

"Do you have any books on uh..." I thought for a moment. What could help me?

The librarian stopped typing to look at me, her red frame glasses tilting in the slightest. I read her tag.

I thought of what I wanted, and cleared my throat awkwardly.

"Miss Hawkins...? Do you have some books about psychics or on dreams..and ghosts..." I said the strange combination, and the woman raised an eyebrow but proceeded to write down different sections where each genre would be.

"Have fun!" She winked, and then turned back to her typing. I thought I heard a small growl, but I figured I was just making up things.

I found the books in the areas she wrote down and started reading.

|•A few hours later•|

I swiped my library card and took the few books I didn't finish back with me. The only good information I got was that spiders hate lemons and dreams rarely ever truly consisted of lollipops, rainbows, and unicorns.

"Please let this help.." I mumbled as I drove back home. Grandpa was probably very worried since I didn't tell him where I went. I parked in one of the last available spots between a SUV and Chrysler.

Upon walking inside, I saw Grandpa sleeping on the couch like nothing happened. I rolled my eyes fondly and thought about what I was going to do. I made a mental list of my options.

1) Talk with friends
2) Read the new books
3) Eat
4) Sleep
5) Eat some more....

I decided to ring Joey. I had to talk to someone, even thought it is late afternoon on a Saturday Joey should be up at this time despite his crazy sleep schedule.

The phone rang a few times and then finally clicked as Joey answered it.

"Hey Yug, watcha need?" Joey yawned, followed by a sipping noise.

"Joey, are you drinking coffee at 4:30 in the afternoon?" I said, stifling a laugh.

"You have your ways I have mine!" Came one of Joey's original sassy responses.

"Joey, I need to speak to you...can you meet up at the park?" I asked hoping for a yes.

A giant yawn was all my reply. I responded to his yawn with a sigh.

"Fine, I'll come to your house but only because it's important." I put on a light jacket picking up my car keys that I had put on the table just a few moments before.

"Whatever you say, Yugi. Thanks.."

Twenty minutes later, I was at Joey's house. It was a standard two-story yellow house with a red door and matching curtains.

I walked straight in and found Joey half asleep on the living room couch. I lightly whacked him on the arm which he took as a cue to fall dramatically to the floor.

"Hey Yug..." Joey said sitting up and rubbing his head.

"Joey is anyone else here?" I said, ready to burst. I had to tell Joey.

"No, why?" Joey said peering closer, finally seeing how serious I looked.

"I-I've been having these dreams...and these visions. They are so real Joey! No matter what the dream it's always filled with same person. I decided to name him Crimson for now until I find out his, oh wait it might be a her.." I thought aloud, tilting my head.

I heard a small sigh and looked up to see Joey was staring at me intently.

"O-Oh yeah.. and I keep hearing these noises..."

"Sounds like some creepy voodoo to me! LETS SMASH IT, YEA!" Joey emphasized his last sentence by throwing his fists like he was boxing.

"Not helping..."

Joey nodded before patting my back.

"Whoever this Crimson dude is, he must like you if he's staying around you." I agreed and stood up.

"Alright Yugi. I'll look into it if you want." Joey said, ushering me towards the door.

"Hey what are you-" I didn't finish. Joey gave me a small smile as an apology and slammed the door in my face.

"What the..."

I went home.

|•11:30 P.M•|

"So, maybe you'd like to talk? Maybe?" I said, thinking out loud.

"Hey, Crimson. I know you can hear me."

Loud and clear Yugi...

"If the visions are just now coming, why didn't they come sooner?"

You can't know yet little one.

"Is something bad going to happen?"

I always knew he was smarter than me...

"Alright..goodnight, Crimson."

I watched sleep drift over the little one. I seized this chance to look over his face, like every night wanting to touch, but too scared of awakening the boy.

"Maybe it won't hurt to meet me a little early," I said, recalling what the ruler ordered.

Yami's Flashback:

"From this day on, these ten brave warriors will look for the gifted. Once they find one, they will stay with them until their eighteenth birthday."

All the other spirits applauded and some whistles were heard from the back of the room, but were quickly extinguished.

"Dismissed." The king said, waving his hand at the crowd. The gathered split off to their jobs, except for the king and his warriors.

"Listen carefully to me, warriors."

All of them nodded eagerly and peered in closer.

"Do not show yourselves before your gifted's eighteenth birthday. Do you understand?" The ten men gave a chorus of 'Yes sir'.

"Good luck, my men."

End of flashback

I thought for one more moment.

"What harm can it do?" I said, and was about to shake Yugi awake when I stopped. I had a better idea.

I pulled back one of his blankets and snuggled him in bed.

In the morning, he'll be calling me Yami instead of that silly nickname.

And I'll have met my little aibou.

Well, Chapter two everyone!
I don't have much to say other than thank your for reading
Oh yeah.
Comment, Vote, and give suggestions.
Okay ^.^ bye
-multifangirl_7👻