chapter two

✩    *     ⋆    ✧

✩    *     ⋆    ✧

Iwaizumi POV

This practice game is finally starting to get serious.

I look to my right midair to find the setter and see the ball, I'm ready for this.

*whistle blows*

25-20, us.

I run over to Kondo, patting his back as a message of thanks for a great last set.

"You did great Iwaizumi! Thanks for getting that last hit! Sorry my set was a little low..." Kondo said worriedly.

"No worries, it was still in my reach and we got the point. Relax, you played an amazing game!" I encourage as we line up to say our thanks.

I head back to the bench to start packing my stuff up. This practice match was pretty great. I finally feel like I'm one with the team and that we're starting to connect.

I look around to see everyone else packing up. It still feels weird to not be hearing a group of fan girls congratulating the great Oikawa.

"Oi, IWA-CHAN!"

Shit, did I just think him into existence? Please don't be him... please don't be him...

"Eto!" I turn around to find my old childhood friend running towards me. "How the hell do you sound exactly like Shittykawa?"

"I would imitate him so much to the point where I accidentally got it to be perfect. I scared myself just now at how much I sounded like him. And what did I say about calling me that?"

"Sorry, Ayane."

I can see that even after all these years she hates being called by her last name.

It's been awhile since I've been able to see her since her mom made her go to a different high school to avoid all the bullying she was getting. When we were kids, she told me that she didn't like boys the way other girls do, and I didn't understand what she meant. Then one day on the playground I found her kissing another girl, a sweet innocent kiss. From then on I understood what she meant and had no issue with it, unlike some other kids who also saw what happened. They started spreading rumors about her forcing her to tell her parents about it. Her father left after hearing about it, leaving her alone with her mother. Her mother didn't really have a huge issue with it, but she hated the rumors that were spreading around, and made Ayane go to a high school away from those people to avoid it getting any worse. Ayane tried everything to stay since she didn't mind the rumors and never let it get to her, but she understood how worried her mom was and agreed to leave.