chapter three

✩ * ⋆ ✧

✩    *     ⋆    ✧

✩ * ⋆ ✧

Y/N POV

I wake up to the sound of my alarm going off. Just give me 5 more minutes...

I swing over the bed to turn off the alarm. I shouldn't have stayed up so late last night doing my math homework. But I kept procrastinating the assignment for too long so I guess it's my own fault, but at least I got it done on time.

I get up and walk over to my closet to pick out an outfit for the day. I decided since today I only have my one class, to just wear my favorite graphic tee (imagine your favorite t-shirt) and jeans, with some white sneakers. Later I'd have to go to the gym to take photos of the men's volleyball team for my project, but these clothes should be comfortable enough.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't excited to see Ayane's friend again. From what she told me, he seems like a great guy. I'd love to get to know him better and not from Ayane's perspective.

I grab my camera equipment and books and head to my only class for the day which is mathematics, which no surprise, I'm almost failing. It's not like I'm not smart, it just gets so confusing when the professor goes so fast. It doesn't help either that I always just have a hard time focusing and get distracted easily.

The class felt like it was taking forever, until we were finally dismissed to leave. I started to make my way to the gym and opened the door to find only the coach standing there with the team managers. Shit, did I get the time wrong?

"Ah, L/N-kun. Welcome to practice. The guys are just getting changed in the locker room and will be out in a minute," coach explained. "While you're waiting, you can set up behind me on the bench. Just keep an eye out for stray balls flying and don't let the boys harass you too much for their pictures to be taken, if they get to be trouble just let me know."

"Thank you for letting me be here!" I bowed to him and headed over to the bench. As I was pulling out my equipment, I heard the guys start coming out of the locker room. I looked over to see Iwaizumi, and gave him a little wave to say hi. He was talking to a blond boy before he saw me, to which he said something to him and started making his way towards me.

"Hey L/N-san, what are you doing here?"

"I have a project due for my photography class in a couple weeks where we needed to work with one of the sports teams on campus to work on action shots, so I asked your coach if it would be okay if I could take some pictures at your practices. He said yes, so here I am!"

"What made you choose the volleyball team? Not that I mind or anything I was just curious..." He started to turn his face away from me for a second, I guess he's a little awkward too since we still haven't really gotten to know each other yet.