chapter four

my heart is buried in venice
𝚛𝚒𝚌𝚔𝚢 𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚐𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚛𝚢

✩ * ⋆ ✧

✩    *     ⋆    ✧

✩ * ⋆ ✧

Y/N POV

"So what are we listening to today?" Iwaizumi asks while pulling out his umbrella.

It's been about a week since I started taking pictures of the volleyball team for my class. After every practice that I end up going to, which was about 3, he insists on walking me to my dorm, even though I tell him I'll be alright walking myself.

"Haven't decided yet. Wanna choose Iwaizumi-san?"

"You can just call me Iwaizumi," he says while pulling his umbrella out, "and I like your music. I just listen to the same things over and over again. I like hearing some new stuff."

"Alright," I said while pulling out my phone. I'm not a great talker when I first start getting to know someone, and so the first time he walked me home I had my earbuds on and offered him the other, which to my surprise he actually took. We listened to one of my favorite albums on the way back to my dorm, having little conversations here and there. But we mostly just listened to the music, and honestly it was quite comforting and took a lot of pressure off.

I grabbed one of the earbuds and handed it to him while I put the other in my ear and started to pull out my umbrella when I remembered that I left it at the dorm. Iwaizumi seemed to noticed and gave me a look, saying we can share his. So I got under his umbrella and we started walking.

"Oh, and you can also just call me L/N," I said remembering what he just told me. I usually like being called by my first name, but I haven't really gotten to know him yet, so I'll just stick with the last name for now.

I unlocked my phone to open Spotify, hitting play on a playlist called rainy days. I had so many different playlists for different moods and scenarios. I liked having music that could explain the way I feel or the set the mood I was in.

Today I was pretty tired, so I didn't have much energy to talk, so for most of the walk we just listened to the music. Because the wire was pretty short between the earbuds, we had to walk pretty close together normally, but with the rain, we were even closer to fit under the umbrella. I didn't mind though, his presence was always warm and made me feel comforted even though I just met him.

𝙢𝙮 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙞𝙨 𝙗𝙪𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙙 𝙞𝙣 𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙞𝙘𝙚
𝙗𝙚𝙣𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙝 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙢𝙮 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙙𝙤𝙪𝙗𝙩