𝘐 𝘒𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘠𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘖𝘣𝘴𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘞𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘔𝘦

"WE'RE CELEBRATING DEATH ARTHUR! Does that really not revolt you?" I looked at my brother with a hint of  disgust. "I mean the man hasn't even died and I can hear Uther talk already about the feast."

Arthur sighed "Do not call him by his name Harry. You know how that annoys him." I raised my eyebrows at my brother "Look, what's done is done, we couldn't do anything about it now anyway. Father has already decided to make an example of the man-"

"And you expect me to come along to feast and party as if an innocent life has not been taken?"

"Harry I cannot stress this enough. It is what's expected of us. Father would have our heads on a stick if we did not comply" I looked in Arthur's eyes and saw worry and sincerity. I knew that from a young age I had different views than my father, I believed that magic could be used for good if we gave it a chance and in return for those views my father often dragged me to executions to show me how my views wouldn't save these people. Over the years it became obvious that as long as I voiced my opinions to my father the harder he would seek out more sorcerers to execute in order to put me in my place. 

"You mean he would  have my head on a stick Arthur. He absolutely loves you." I playfully bump my brothers shoulder with mine to ease the tension in the air.

"That's not true, you idiot, your both just to alike in terms of how hard headed you two can be."

"Or how big headed you can be. Right Arthur?" I turned to Arthur with an innocent smile but he was already glaring at me before getting up "Arthur it was a joke!" Arthur looked back at me with a wary gaze. "Besides your head isn't big at all, but it is quite a weird shape. Absolutely ghastly, really. " And just like that Arthur was glaring again but this time he began advancing towards me causing me shoot up and bolt for the door with loud laughs and Arthur hit on my heels.

~𝖙𝖎𝖒𝖊 𝖘𝖐𝖎𝖕~

"Arthur, I don't want to watch this." I murmured to my brother beside me as I looked at the man being dragged to his death.

"Close your eyes when I say so." Arthur murmured lowly and I nodded 

The man was put on the chopping block and with a squeeze from Arthur's hand he let out a silent now and I shut my eyes refusing to see the horrific injustice take place, when suddenly my father began to speak and I turned to him with a stony expression 

Of course as prince of Camelot I have seen death. Arthur and I go on hunts. We've been ambushed and had to fight off bandits but I hated seeing someone look so helpless while they die. It wasn't fair but I guess with Uther as king nothing would be fair for a while.

"When I came to this land, this kingdom was mired in caos, but with the people help. Magic was driven from the realm. So I declare a festival to celibate 20 years since the great dragon was captured." I zoned out when I caught the eyes of a stranger in the crowd. He was a handsome man who wore a look of distress on his face at the sight of the king. It made me wonder what he would look like with a smile. Just the thought alone made my heart skip a beat. Eventually I gained the confidence to flash him a charming smile before winking at him causing him to look down with a shy smile.

All the sudden the stranger and I were pulled out of our (I'm gonna be honest here) little flirting moment by a sudden wail coming from the crowd.