#13 The Boston Times

Chapter thirteen

Quote of the day: " Suum cuique."

"You are NOT going with me. You are not going to annoy me with questions lateron. I am NOT going to play matchmaker for any of you.
And Jesus Christ shall help you if one of you DARES to go after me. Is that understood?"

"Shit, since when are you so terrifi- OUCH!"

"I asked if I made myself clear?"

"Crystal."

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo

Awkward silence stretched out after Pipers rather violent announcement. She didn't seem to care though, as she sat on her chair fidgeting with wide, expectant grin on her face. She seemed completely unaware of the scared glanced the males passed her from time to time. Cait lounged on the sofa with the most smug expression anyone could muster.

Luckily the men were saved from their delicate situation by the object of their longing strutting into the room.

Later it would be impossible to determine who it was but somebody whimpered upon seeing Nathans striking looks.

It hadn't even occurred to them that Nathan could even own unpractical but stylish everyday clothes. So far they had only ever seen him wearing practical armour, army gear or sleep wear.

And even in these unflattering clothes he'd always looked gorgeous. Nathan and lateron Nate could just pull everything of, a talent was always envied by both friends and enemies.

Nevertheless, seeing him now in actual clothes was a completly different story.

He wore pinestriped suit pants over black leather shoes and on top of that a dress shirt with a jumper above. His hair was still the slightest bit wet and therefore tumbled in slight curls over his forehead.

They were shocked speechless. Completely. They watched in awe as he went to coat check and pulled on a trench coat. They watched as he wrapped a scarf around his neck and put his collar up after that. They watched him pulling a pack of cigarettes out of his pocket. They watched him retrieving one and putting it behind his ear.

Only as Nathan turned to face them did their stupor seem to be broken and time started flowing again.

"So you guys feel completely at home here. You can snoop around and shit but don't make too much of a mess, alright? Uhm, there should still be like stuff in the fridge, so help yourselves. Water is from the tap and yeah if someone's at the door maybe just don't open it? Or say that I'm not there. You take stuff outta my wardrobe if you wanna change.", he ranted to the ones who stayed behind.

Piper was already waiting at the door, fidgeting on her feet.

"Okay then, see you in a few hours, have fun!", Nathan called out and just like that they were out of the door and gone.

oOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo

"THIS IS THE BEST! I love this so much! It looks so old and noble and beautiful and diplomatic and important and serious and no one is gonna laugh about reporters here. NO one!", Piper cackled hysterically next to Nathan.

He shot her an equally terrified and worried look, before nudging her with his shoulder to get her attention.

"I know this is something really special to you, but I have to ask you to try to appear normal. Usually nobody freaks out that much over visiting the newspaper. I don't want to attract too much attention. Imagine what would happen if the government got wind of this whole ordeal..."

He winced slightly before shrugging and walking towards the entrance of the press.

"Brief me about what exactly is going down here now?", Piper asked and Nathan happily complied.

"We are meeting my old friend Pablo Pérez. I've known him for quite some time now but I haven't seen him since joining the army two years ago. He is kind of the CEO of the company now even though he's still so young. Well and he called me a few days ago and asked me if I wanted to meet up with him to catch up on things and then he asked to also do an interview with me about my time of service. The government seems to need some propaganda right now.", Nathan ended his summary with a dark laugh.

Piper just frowned and stepped out of the elevator and into a big hall full of desks with people writing on their terminals.

She was in heaven. While she was still taking in the atmosphere and the smell of fresh print and coffee, as well as the sound of productive writing, an exotic looking man walked up to them.

Piper instantly decided that she didn't like him, partially because of the reason thet he completly ignored her and instead crushed Nathan in a very intimate hug.

Pablo sniffled a little and Piper thought to herself that his hands strayed a bit farther than appropriate but she let the scene play itself out.

Nathan seemed a bit surprised and just awkwardly pat Pablos back a few times before trying to pull back gently.

Pablo eventually, reluctantly let Nathan go and led them into his office.

Piper shot Nathan a questioning glance but he just shrugged helplessly.

"God, Nathaniel, I'm so happy to see you again! I was really worried the whole time. I never understood why you had to join the forces when you could have stayed with me instead!", Pablo cried.

Nathan just laughed and completly ignored Pablos commment.

"I am glad to be back too, Pablo. How have things been treating you my friend? Oh! An please meet my friend Piper here. She's a reporter in her, uh... hometown!"

Pablo looked at Piper as if he only now realized that she existed. He then introduced himself to her and they all exchanged some pleasantries before Pablo started talking to Nathan exclusively again.

Piper sat by and watched their exchange. She didn't really listen but she also didn't need to, to gather the most important information.

From observation of gestures and ticks alone, she could clearly tell that Pablo was completely in love with Nathan. He tried to flirt whenever possible and always presented himself from his best point. Maybe it was love, maybe just a fling. Probably more of a fling. He stared at Nathan intensely the whole time, but the soldier didn't seem to notice.

At some point during their talk Nathan managed to gather some information about the time traveler case by asking Pablo if he'd see someone looking like Nathan in the city.

Pablo was a bit perplexed and told them no and then wanted to know the origins of their strange question.

Nathan quickly answered: "We are actually searching for my older brother right now. I've never mentioned him because he is quite problematic sometimes and I don't see him very often... Piper here used to work with him, but nobody has really seen him in weeks and we are worried."

"What's his name?", Pablo asked a bit suspicious. Nathan panicked, he hadn't thought of a name at all.

"Blue!", Piper shouted: "He's called Blue."

"Hmm, Blue... Same family name?"

"Yes."

"Well, I'll keep an eye out for him."

"Thank you very much Pablo, that's very helpful.", Nathan thanked him.

"Now shall we come to the interview? Maybe we could do that alone?", Pablo suggested with an apologetic tone directed at Piper.

Nathan seemed a bit hesitant but Piper willingly left the room and went to wait outside to wait and explore more of the press.

All the while she couldn't stop thinking about if she should tell the boys about the new love interest that Nathan had gathered.

She smiled devilishly as she imagined the following drama.

This would certainly be fun.

—————————————
"BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD."