Nico- Chapter One

ALL OF THESE CHARACTERS BELONG TO RICK RIORDAN!!

Will Solace; popular, athletic, smart, and so hot. Me? Well, I'm just the opposite. Imagine an uncool, emo, awkward, loner. Now take that sorry excuse of a kid and make him 20 times less cool. At that point, you still aren't close to what I am.

I've come to terms with my unpopularity. I've got my best friend, Jason, and he's all I need. Jason could be cool if he wanted to be. He's got the looks, charm, and definitely the athleticism, but he hangs out with me, so that automatically makes him uncool. He's the only person who knows about, well, anything about me actually (not that anybody has tried to get to know me).

I suppose I should expand on that whole Will business, so I'll just come out and say it. I'm gay. Hella gay. And I got a crush on Will. It doesn't matter anyways, there's no way I'd act on it. Even if I did, who's to say that Will is... like me. Gay, I mean.

We met freshman year (he was a sophomore), same math class, this was back when I was sorta smart. I sat behind him, admiring from afar, while he quickly rose to being the most popular kid in the school.

Now, he's a senior and I'm a junior, and he probably doesn't know who I am.

Will wasn't the first boy I liked. Before him was my 6th grade crush, Percy Jackson. He made me realize that I was all homo and no hetero. After that, it was no one for a while. Then it was Will.

So there you have it. My sad (non-)love life. I don't expect to ever have a boyfriend. I wouldn't be good at it anyways. Besides, who'd ever fall for a scrawny loser like me?

Ahh!! I can't believe I posted this!! Feedback is always welcome!! Just wanted to let you guys know, I really don't swear, so I might have some strange alternatives haha... I don't really have a schedule for when I post yet, but when I do, I'll make sure to add it here:)

-Deana      10/10/20