Will- Chapter Two

ALL OF THESE CHARACTERS BELONG to RICK RIORDAN!!

I guess you could say I'm popular? I don't really know how it happened.

It started freshman year, I made friends with this sophomore, Austin. He was on the football team and told me to try out, "it would make the ladies like me more". I couldn't care less about what the ladies thought of me, but Austin was my first friend I'd made since moving from Wisconsin to California, so I decided I would listen to him.

Next thing I know, I make it and all the girls are swooning over me. That's when I made my mistake.

First time I got asked out, I said yes. I wasn't sure what liking someone felt like, so I assumed that I did. It took me a while, but I realized that I found the guys on my team hotter than the cheerleaders and... Well, you already know.

No one knows. Not even Clovis. No. One. I don't plan on telling anyone, either. My hope is that I make it past high school, move far far away, and maybe even find a few friends. Real friends who didn't spread rumors behind your back, or sleep with your girlfriends.

Sure, they were toxic and they all had egos big enough to fill all 200,116 square feet of our school, but the football guys were all I had. Besides, they do have their moments. Sometimes.

It wasn't until sophomore year that I got my first crush. This really cute freshman was in my math class. We didn't talk much, I sat in the front, he sat in the back. I loved the way he could just carry on with his day without a single care about what other people thought of him.

 I couldn't imagine being that brave. I doubt he remembers me now. Still, sometimes I wonder... 

Okay, I know these chapters are really short but I'm lacking creativity so just help a girl out. I'd really love to hear what you think of these characters and what I should add/remove. I could not say this enough, feedback is always welcome!!

-Deana     10/11/20