Chapter 5

i am only writing nico's pov for this chapter bc i'm tired:)

tw: bullying.
Nico

Yes, the guy who I had been crushing on for three goddam (I'm sorry I just had to) years just flirted with me. Yes, I just ditched him.

What? I'm not going to be any more of a joke at my school than I already am. I mean c'mon, how could I seriously believe that the hottest, most popular kid in school, was 1) gay, and 2) actually attracted to me. Nico di Angelo. That would be bs. He was clearly messing with me for laughs.

I didn't technically lie to Will. Jason does hate it when I skip class. I just didn't mention that class was in an hour from then.

I drove around town for the next 45 minutes before starting to make my way back to the school, where Jason would be waiting in 4th period; language arts.

I walked in the school building, and immediately everyone's heads turned... I'm just kidding. No one noticed me.

I looked down as I walked through the hallways, not
wanting to gain any attention from anyone.

This plan did not work.

Not paying attention to where I was going, I accidentally walked into one of Will's "posse" members.

"Hey freak! Watch where you're going!" The biggest one said. The entire group snickered as if he just said a funny joke.

"Why do you wear all black? Are you part of some witch coven?" A girl with dark brown hair and eyes. I recognized her as Drew Tanaka. The biggest gossip in school.

It didn't help that everyone believed what she said and did what she asked no matter the risk. She had almost the entire school wrapped around her finger.

"Shut up, Drew. Leave the kid alone guys," I knew that was Piper as soon as she said it. She was the only one in that group of kids (besides Will) with even a half decent personality.

"Or what? He'll cook us up in a stew. I bet that's where Will is right now," the first guy said. I think I remember people saying his name was Austin? I'm pretty sure he stayed back a grade, since he looked older than the rest of the gang.

"Have you thought about how maybe Will isn't here because he doesn't wanna hang out with you guys anymore?" It just came out.

A fist came in contact with my face and the world turned black.

dhhshdh I'm sorry this chapter is really rushed and I only did Nico's POV, but I've just been really tired lately and I just finished writing this chapter 5 minutes ago on a google doc on my phone in bed. Anyways, the chapters in the future will (hopefully) not be as sucky as this one. Thanks for reading!

-deana:)