Ch. 28 Valentine's Day

The first week of February, JJ had a bit of a breakthrough. Her therapist felt she was okay to return to the field; so, when they got called away on the 10th she was happy to join. They were heading to New York for an ongoing murder spree with seemingly random victims.

There was no evident connection so the local police as well as the BAU quickly became stuck in the investigation. The morning of the 14th, they had a break in the case. Thanks to Garcia, they were able to track the Unsub down and arrest him around 8 o'clock that night. The team gathered in the hotel lobby after.

"I know we all want to go home, but it's late. Let's just sleep here and we'll head out in the morning." Most of the team was disappointed; especially Derek, who wanted to get home to Penelope for Valentine's Day. They all headed up to their rooms a bit mopey, but JJ told Emily they need to make the best of it.

She went into the room and quickly found the phone, calling room service. She ordered them a nice dinner and a bottle of wine.

"Why don't we just get around and go out?" Emily was already starting to change, assuming they would go find a little restaurant near the hotel like they always did.

"Because you know what's better than a fancy dinner? A fancy dinner, in your pajamas." JJ laughed as she quickly pulled off her own clothes and slid on a t-shirt and shorts while Emily did the same. Once the food finally arrived, they were both nearly half asleep.

They woke up when they smelled the pasta and steak in the containers on the bed. Emily couldn't help but laugh at the sight of nice wine in paper cups with steak in a plastic container.

"I don't think this is what they meant by wine and dine.." Emily laughed as she laid a towel on the bed, half expecting food to get everywhere when they tried to cut it. They ate and drank while enjoying the company and often laughing as they struggled to cut their meals. JJ seemed to be happy and that was enough to make Emily happy.

Emily cleaned up and returned to her spot on the end of the bed. JJ slid down and joined her. Emily turned and gave her a sweet, short kiss to end the night. When she started to pull away, JJ reached up, holding the back of her neck to keep her close. She slowly slid over the top of her, still holding her neck as she straddled her legs and sat back on Emily's knees.

Emily immediately hesitated, the memory of last time they tried something playing through her head. JJ was still kissing her and started grinding her hips against her. Once she started trying to tug at Emily's shirt she grabbed her hips, effectively stopping her while she pulled her head back.

"Jayje... we don't have to do this... I don't care about the cliches of a holiday."

"I don't care about the holiday... I care about you..." She was sliding her hands back down to the base of Emily's shirt as they spoke.

"Are you sure?"

"I'm ready Em... I need you.." Finally getting her shirt off, she went back to attacking her lips. Emily kissed her back but JJ quickly realized she wasn't going to try and move things forward. She understood she was trying not to push her so she took matters into her own hands, pulling off her own shirt and bra before looking Emily in the eye.

"Baby please... touch me..." JJ took Emily's hand that was lying on the bed and guided it up to her now exposed breast. She hesitated before massaging lightly. JJ started to lay her head back as she ran her hands down Emily's stomach. Emily slowed down and JJ realized she was still nervous, so she took her hands away from her stomach and started untying her own pants.

When she stood to take them off, Emily stood too. Before she could ask again if she was sure, JJ had taken her own clothes off and was pulling Emily's off as well. They remained standing, both completely naked for a second while JJ looked over her with almost hungry eyes. She lifted her hand and started trailing a finger down Emily's body.