Scene 5 | Litterature And Oh Fuck Annie Is Just Really Confused

"i am so used to hints and mixed messages, saying things that might mean what they short of sounds like they mean. games and contests, roles and rituals, talking in twelve language at once so the true world won't be so obivous." - david levithan, boys meets boys

Annie walked into the study room. She knows. She can feel it. She won't be able to fake it. It's been 5 days now that she's been "sick".

She trusted Abed. Well, not trusted, brought. That was really the masterpiece of Annie. She needed time to figure out what was going on in her life. She needed space from Pierce and his legenday lesbophobic comment, from Troy overly supportive and sensitive feelings, Shirley nicey-touche-but-also-christian-guilting-comments, from Britta over the top attitude and to be honest kind of fetish on the LGBT+ community, and of course from Jeff.

She needed space to understand what was really this bonding. This 2 years and a half relationship, this won't they, might they, they shouldn't, they will definitely, they clearly can't, they might as well do at this point, bullshit. And honestly, she wanted time with Jen. As a friend. Or as a lover. Bet were open.

It was kind of surprisingly easy to see herself with Jen. She liked honesty. She liked jokes. She liked the way Jen talked and dressed. And she wanted time to process. Time to...well, time to date. It was pretty easy to understand for every other relationship, why not this one ? Time to see where it was going.

Her best ally was definitely Abed. Since the Dance To Celebrate Greendale Becoming The Second Community College Of The Greendale Area - DTCGBTSCCOTGA - it is not exactly a secret that Abed was not very straight. But that wasn't even the point. The true power of Abed : a good storyline. He was already on Annie's back concerning her friendship with Jen, and how it could ruin everything. But for once, Annie got the perfect answer : what if....Jen was not adding to the study group....but an external love interest. It changes everything. It gives new dynamics, maybe jealousy, but does not affect the structure of the group itself, it's clearly a boost, and to be honest, Abed was bored of this Annie-Jeff thing, there are no Ross and Rachel or Barney and Robin. Actually, Annie explained exactly the same things to Abed...only using Ted and Robin...Abed still accepted to help here, but said, and I quote "don't ever say Ted and Robin again, because I make me want to hurt you. I do not like that", end of quote.

" Hi guys ! ", said with a big smile Annie.

"Oh ! Hi, Annie, are you feeling any better ?" asked nicely Shirley while opening her arms to give her a hug.

"Yeah, I'm good now, thank you Shirley" responded Annie.

Shirley's head was under the table, as she was trying to reach her purse, "Oh good ! I've been very very worried ! 5 days, it's not nothing ! So, I made you brownies, hope you like them".

" OKAY STOP THE TOTURE I ADMIT EVERYTHING I WAS NOT REALLY SICK STOP BEING NICE " shout out Annie, kind of nowhere actually.

Shirley seemed disappointed, "Oh...Annie".

"Told ya, give me my 10 bucks Britta. Totally predictable. Okay, so, Annie. I'm very deeply sorry. I didn't mean to treat you like a child", explains Jeff.

I sometimes wonder if people realize at the exact same moment that they are saying it, that it is not what they are supposed to say. If they do, I bet Jeff, understood at the exact moment those words came out of his mouth. Because Annie was already laughing way too hard.

"Oh come on Jeff", said Annie, only taking her breath now after a good 30 secondes of laughter, "You really think I'd be pissed at everyone for that."

Jeff was actually kind of disappointed. Annie's world has revolved around him for 2 years now, and it only realizes it...now. It was certainly not, something he did on purpose, but the consequences were the same. Consequences on Annie. But, now, on him too. He's...hurt ?

"So, yeah. Basically, I kind of met someone. I don't know where it's headed, but I needed time off, to, you know, date, have a good time and figure it out. I think I want something serious. I think I want to date her", says Annie proudly.

"Her ?" - but was it Britta's voice or Jeff ? They both are red. Uh, it doesn't seem that easy right ?