three

*time skip - Winona is in the dorms - right before the feast*

Winona went to her trunk to dig out her new headband adorned with the Slytherin colors. She loved being a Slytherin. From the colors to what the house represented. There was only one thing Winona detested about the house; the sour reputation that Slytherin had. She was quick and witty but not elitist or entitled? She was no stranger to the cruel comments of the passing Ravenclaw or the occasional snide remark of a Hufflepuff but she tried her best to keep to herself. Of course, sometimes she couldn't resist a good comeback. Finally, she'd found her headband and placed it carefully around her head, paying extra attention to not ruffle her dark hair. 

"Win's! We are going to be late let's go your hair isn't going to get any better than it looked 20 minutes ago." called a commanding yet welcoming voice from the corner of the room.

Winona swung herself around to see her roommate, Pansy Parkinson.

"Oh so now we're going to act like I'm the one obsessed with myself and not you? Wasn't it you that took not one, but two hours to do your eyeliner for the yule ball in year 4?"

"Ok, what's your point. Draco was going to be there with ANOTHER GIRL. As in NOT ME."

"How are you still mad about that-"

"We are not having this conversation right now let's go." 

Winona and Pansy had a sisterly bond. Their relationship consisted heavily of bickering but there was always a deep trust in one another. Pansy was the definition of a cold exterior with a warm interior. But, Winona loved her for it. Pansy helped Winona with being a bit more daring while Winona kept Pansy from murdering every person that she came into conflict with. 

"Ok, ok ill just meet you in the dining hall," said Winona in a rushed voice

"Oh my god you are the worst"

"Love you too"

And with that, Pansy rushed down into the common room. Winona took her time to soak in her surroundings. She looked out the dormitories windows into the aquamarine abyss, watching the lush seagrass sway with the currents, observing each cluster of bubbles until they disappeared from view.

Winona made her way through the halls of anachronistic ceilings until she finally reached the Great Hall's mammoth doors. She cast a gaze over each table until she caught Ron in the crowd. Well until she caught Ron and the rest of the group. Not just Ron. Of course.

He took notice of her immediately and waved her over to the Gryffindor table. At the same moment, Winona locked eyes with Pansy who shot her an annoyed glare. Winona felt bad for leaving Pansy back at the Slytherin table but knew that she would be able to occupy herself with Draco if he would even put up with her anymore. Over the years, Pansy had been knawing away at Draco's tolerance of her. Her theory was that he would eventually just give in and date her. So far, her plan was unsuccessful. Just as Winona was about to go over to the Gryffindor table, Dumbledores voice boomed over the hall. Ron looked longingly towards Winona as she shrugged and walked over to the Slytherin table. Longingly. Was she going crazy? That was definitely not his usual look. You know what? No. No more over-analyzing things. This was so NOT her. This was-

"Really thought you were going to DESERT me for weasel-bile" snapped Pansy in a low voice

"Hey go easy on Wallenby, he's not bad. Maybe if you just gave some of my friends a chance you wouldn't have a deep-rooted hatred for them. maybe."

"hard pass," Pansy said with the sly, sarcastic smile that was so familiar to Winona

"ok shush I don't want to get yelled at"