Chapter Two

The music is too loud. Everywhere I turn to look it's the same. An ocean of bodies dancing along the rhythm. Most girls shaking their hips without a care in the world. Men grabbing their waist while they move with them.

Where is Emily? Did she forget about me? I sigh. I shouldn't feel this way. She deserves to have fun. I need to have a life aside from the house and Emily. Maybe that will help me moving on from my past. Now that I think about it, before my parents kicked me out, there were a lot of stuff I always wanted to do. I can still do it. There's nothing stopping me. Besides myself, obviously.

Someone laughs behind me making me turn my head in that direction. I find a girl sitting on a man's lap. He whispers something in her ear. Instantly she throws her head back laughing hysterically. Her right hand moves up and down his chest and it looks like he likes it. He has his arms around her waist making sure she doesn't go anywhere, but she doesn't seem to mind.

"Where do you think you're going?" he shouted running after me. I laughed. I am so dead, he's not going to forgive me this time. I turned to look at him. Big mistake. I tripped and fell down. I was trying to get up when I felt big hands grabbing my waist and pulling me to his chest. I pushed him off me but by doing that I made both of us lose our balance. We bursted out laughing. "Gotcha!" he whispered, he still had his hands on my waist. "You are not getting away again." He smiled caressing my cheek...

"There you are!" Emily shouts bringing me back to reality. I can't believe myself, I am supposed to forget about it, not to remember it. I turn to look at Emily, who has a wide smile on her face. I wonder why, knowing her, it won't be long before I find out.

"What do you mean? I've been here the whole time." I say as a matter of fact. I know, you don't have to say it, I'm boring. I guess by know you realize I wasn't kidding when I said I'm weird.

"Right...Ry, I need to ask you a favor..." she mutters looking at the table, her hands playing with the straw in her drink.

I cross my arm and lift and my left eyebrow in suspicion. "Let me guess, you met a guy and now you're ditching me."

She wince at the ditching part, moving her gaze up to look at me. "You made me sound as a bad friend, but anyways, that's not it." She huffs. I'm not sure if she's frowning or pouting. Maybe the latter. "I did met a guy, though."

"I knew it," I say smirking smugly at her. How she is able to always get a guy's attention in every night we go out it's still a mystery to me. She clearly exceeds everything I lack. "Then what is it?"

She doesn't answer me. Her hands stop playing and move to grab my hands. "Well...you see..." she starts but she still can't say it. I'm getting nervous and annoyed by this, she never acts like this. "What is it?" I say surprising her and even myself at how harsh my voice sounds.

"Okay," she sighs, "you see this guy has a friend, and I was wondering if would mind if... theysitwithusforawhile." she whispers the last part in a rush. She doesn't say anything else, she's just waiting for my answer.

How in the world I understood that last phrase, I have no idea. But I did. And I don't know what to do, I don't think I can even answer it. I'm sitting here shock without moving with a very expectant Emily in front of me.

Should I say yes? No, that would mean that two guys I've never seen in my life would come and sit with us, and that would mean I would have to talk to them. Or I can say yes and totally ignore them... right? I feel a knot in my stomach starting to form.

"Please, Ry, pleeease?" She begs me, doing her best puppy eyes and pout face. I hate when she does that.

"I don't know Em," I manage to whisper. "I don't think I can."

"How can you say you can't when you don't even try?" She says in a mother tone. I hate when she does that too. I mean she's right but, am I ready to do it? More importantly, am I willing to try? I guess I'll never know if I say no.

I let go of a breath I didn't know I was holding. I hope I don't regret my decision later. "Okay," I say nervously, "they can sit with us."

Emily squeals and throws her hands around my neck. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" It's all she says before leaving me wondering about my answer.

Maybe it's not a good idea. I'm not very good at meeting people, on the contrary I suck. But it couldn't be that bad. I mean all I have to do is talk to them. I can do that. That can't be that hard, just ask questions and answer some. That can help, it's easy. Nothing can go wrong by asking questions. I should be careful though, I shouldn't ask questions I can't answer myself.

What am I saying? This is stupid, I need to leave right now, before Emily comes back here.

I stand up and of course that's when Emily decides to show up again, only this time there are two guys with her. Her hand is link to the left arm of a black-haired guy. His deep blue eyes staring at Emily.

"Hey, I'm back," She says. "This is Jason..." she says pointing to the guy whose hand has traveled down to her waist now. "And this is his friend Aiden." I turn to look at the next guy.

That's when I notice sea green eyes watching me. A shiver runs down my spine. Warning bells ringing in my head telling me to be careful, this guy is trouble. I am sure of that. I want to look somewhere else but I can't. Those mesmerizing eyes hold me captive.

"This is my friend Ry-"

"Rayan," I interrupt her. I was so lost in his eyes that I forgot about everyone else. Even though I can't look anywhere else than his eyes, I still manage to stop Emily from saying my real name. All in a coherent sentence. "My name's Rayan."

Finally I'm able to retreat my stare from him. Emily is looking at me as if I have suddenly grown a new head. I give her a look pleading her to follow my lead in this. I wouldn't stand it if he starts calling me by that name. She nods in understanding and smiles again.

"Hi Rayan," Jason says smiling. I shyly smile looking at him for a second then quickly turn my head down pretending to adjust my chair. Emily sits next to me but she moves her stool so that she can be closer to Jason, who takes the one in front of me. Aiden doesn't have any other option than to take the one on my left.

To say that I'm nervous to look at him again would be the understatement of the year. I'm shaking. The knot in my stomach getting bigger, making it hard to breathe. I need to calm down.

"Hi," he says and I swear I can hear a smile. Should I say something back? Of course I should. But I don't think my voice is working.

"Uh..." is all I'm able to say. Oh my gosh! He's totally thinking I'm pathetic. I don't blame him, after all I'm really lame when it comes to socializing. And this feeling I have on my chest it's not making anything better. It's the same as in my nightmare when I'm stabbing myself. I must relax if I don't want to have a panic attack, right here in front of them.

A smooth touch on my left hand makes me turn to the owner who, unfortunately for me, it's the green-eyed handsome man on my left. "Are you okay?" his voice stop my thoughts. I stare into those captivating eyes. Without realizing what's going on, my body commence to loosen up. I'm able to breath with no trouble and the knots begin to dissolve.

With all the courage I can gather I say a weak yeah. He smiles and removes his hand. My body instantly missing his touch.

Oh well! I guess this is going to be a very interesting night for me.

Please vote and comment if you like it!

-Mariun