Chapter 4

"The vampire's necklace is inside. We need to get that." Magnus looked confused. "What about Alec?" He asked softly. Jace nodded. "We can only find Alec if we have that necklace." Magnus sighed, but he doesn't contradict. Clary was shocked to see Magnus so subdued and silent. "I'll ward off the area and keep back the vampires. You two find that stupid necklace and Alexander."

Magnus watched the vampires coming out, their fangs out as they hissed at him menacingly. Alec was done with everything in the institute. He was about to walk out when Izzy came running in. "Alec. Have you seen Jace and Clary?" Isabelle asked quickly. Alec shrugged.

"Nope. No, if you'll excuse me, I have a boyfriend who's wait-" Isabelle cut him off. "I think they went looking for the necklace." Isabelle bit her lip as she looked at Alec's angered face. "What?" He hissed. Isabelle nodded. Alec shook his head.

"They can't. They won't! Those rogues are dangerous. And the jewel isn't worth it. Besides they would need backup. Jace is plenty of things but he isn't stupid Izzy." Alec began to walking out, but Isabelle caught his jacket. "What if they had backup?" Isabelle asked worriedly. Alec raised a brow. "Like who?" He asked.