Chapter 6

Magnus's head spun around quickly, almost too quickly, making him dizzy. His eyes came to focus. There were 3 more vampires left. He heard Jace stand up behind him, only to be restrained by the other 2 vampires. Magnus felt his knees buckle as he hit the ground. He lifted his head and put up his bravest face, trying to get on his knees.

The vampire came next to him and tilted his head to face him. "I never thought this day would come. The High Warlock of Brooklyn bowing down to a- what were the words used by the clave? Right. A filthy rouge dirty vampire." The vampire kicked Magnus hard, sending racks through his body. "It's in the past, Zachiel." Magnus groaned softly.

Zachiel let out a bitter laugh. "That's right. Everything is in the past. Including how you helped the clave murder my mother." Magnus looked up tiredly. "It was a misunderstanding. I didn't kill your mother. We tried to-" Magnus got cut off by a yell.

"Magnus?" It was Alec's voice. Magnus felt relief washing over him. Alec was ok. He was safe, Magnus thought. "Oh? This is your shadowhunter boyfriend huh? Interesting." Zachiel looked over at a frantic Alec who was running towards them. Magnus growled. "I swear to Lilith if you hurt him. I'll murder you with my own hands."

Zachiel looked at him with a toothy grin. "I wouldn't dare touch a Shadowhunter. But you on the other hand no one would care if you died." The vampire hissed. Magnus's face turned red with embarrassment. "That's not true Magnus! Don't listen to him!"

Jace cried. Alec began to draw an arrow, aiming it carefully. It was hard to hit the vampire without hitting Magnus. "Magnus!" Alec yelled. "Looks like someone is missing you. He'll be missing you forever." The vampire snickered as he grabbed Magnus by his lapels.