Doctor Robotnik

Professor Ozpin had called Glynda Goodwitch, Doctor Oobleck, Professor Port, and General Ironwood to his office to discuss the power outage.

"20 minutes ago," Ozpin explained, "an energy surge knocked out power across the entire kingdom of Vale. What do we know?"

"Well our first instinct was it was an EMP," Oobleck said. "But electromagnetic pulses don't have that kind of power."

"NASA has rolled out meteor strikes or solar flares," Port said.

"The Department of Energy says its not a power plant malfunction," Glynda said.

"Well," Ozpin said, "sounds like we're really good at figuring out what it wasn't."

"This could be a prelude to a larger attack," Ironwood said. "I'm suggesting we scramble the fifth and sixth regiment."

"No," Ozpin said. "This needs a much more sophisticated mind. Someone who understands technology."

"We must send in a lab rat?" Ironwood said.

"Not just any lab rat," Ozpin said. "A lab rat with teeth."

"You're not suggesting who I think your suggesting," Glynda said.

"I know he's a little weird," Ozpin said.

"'Weird'?" Port repeated.

"No. No. No way," Ironwood said.

"He's a psychological tire fire!" Port said.

"But he's also brilliant," Ozpin said. "Five PhDs, IQ off the charts, and his drone tech is revolutionary!"

"You're sure he can handle this?" Ironwood said.

"He has a perfect operations record," Ozpin said. "Remember the coup in Vacuo?"

"No," Ironwood said.

"Or the uprising in Azerbaijanistan?" Ozpin continued.

"That's not even a kingdom," Oobleck said.

"Exactly," Ozpin said. "And you can thank Robotnik for that."

"I can't believe you're bringing that freak into this," Glynda said.

"Neither can I," Ozpin said. "But... we have no choice."

A few hours later, back at the baseball field I was playing in, the military was investigating the area for any clues as to what caused the power outage, when a large, black truck rolled in with several black cars trailing behind.

Ironwood was talking with one of his soldiers, when he turned around and saw the vehicle parking. He saw the red camera lens near the top of the truck.

"What the...?" he said.

A door on the side of the truck opened, and turned into stairs leading to the ground. Doctor Ivo Robotnik walked to the exit, and looked at the field in front of him.

He walked down onto the ground.

His associates, led by Agent Stone, stepped out of their cars and joined Robotnik, who walked over to Ironwood. Ironwood put his hand on his gun, just in case.

Robotnik stopped right in front of him, and took off his glasses.

"Are you in charge here?" he asked.

"Yes I am--"

"Nope."

"... I--"

"Wrong."