Saying Goodbye

Team RWBY walked through the halls of Beacon, on their way to the cliff to give me one last look at Vale before I leave. I was sitting in a duffel bag.

Team JNPR walked up to them.

"Hey! Ruby!" Jaune said. "Is everything okay? We saw you on the news!"

"Everything's fine," Ruby said, smiling at them.

"How much longer?" I whispered. "I can't breathe in here!"

JNPR looked at the bag, confused.

"Do you have your child in that bag or something?" Ren asked.

"N-No!" Ruby said. "I-I mean yes! It's a child, but it's not mine!"

Yang hit her in the shoulder.

"It's not your child?" Nora said.

"Guys relax!" Yang said. "We're huntresses, remember?"

"Yeah!" Ruby said. "Plus, he likes it in there. Don't you buddy?"

"Why would I like it in here?!" I said. "This is worse than the dog cage you had me in earlier!"

Team JNPR's eyes widened.

Weiss chuckled, slowly reached for the zipper, and zipped the bag shut.

"No! I'm scared of the dark! Is anybody there?"

Team JNPR slowly walked away.

Soon, we arrived at the cliff. Ruby set the bag down, and opened it. I had a bra caught on my ear. I coughed as I sat up.

"What were you keeping in this bag?!" I yelled, tugging the bra off my ear. "A jar of pickled farts?!"

I got out of the bag, and stood up. I looked at the view of Vale. I slowly walked towards the edge of the cliff. I smiled. "This is my last day on Remnant..."

Ruby walked up to me.

"Hey... Sorry we didn't get to do everything on your bucket list, pal," she said.

"It's okay," I said, turning to her. "I did the ones I needed the most."

"You two are so cute, like..." Yang said.

Ruby and I turned bright red. "Oh... Please, what?" Ruby said.

"We are not," I said.

"No, we're not cute."

"We are a couple of loose cannons, just livin' by our own rules," I said.

"Exactly."

"Really?" Weiss said.

"Yes!" Ruby said, putting her hands on her hips.

"And our rules include expressing heartfelt emotions," I added.

"If you say so," Blake said.

"Okay then," I said, looking back up at Ruby, my ears dropping.

"Alright..." Ruby said. "Um, you gotta go, right?"

"Yeah, yeah, I gotta go."

"I gotta go. You... We gotta go too."

"So, alright... Bye-bye."

I stopped smiling, and I turned around, preparing to use my ring. But I had more to say first. I turned back to my friend.

"Just... one more thing..." I said.

Ruby knelt down in front of me.

"I'm sorry I was so hard on you," I said. "I know it's a tough decision for you to leave Vale. Walking away from something you care about... has to be painful."

"You don't want to go, do you?"

"I don't wanna go. But I can't stay. As long as I'm here, I put everyone in danger. I can't do that." I smiled at Ruby. "I just want you to know that these last two days have been the best two days of my life."

Ruby and I blushed.

Ruby started to tear up. She pulled me into a tight embrace.

"I don't want you to go!" she said. "I'm gonna miss you! You little blue devil!"

I chuckled, and hugged her back. "I'm gonna miss you too, Cookie Queen."

We separated. Both of us wanted to tell the other how we felt, but neither of us could say it. So, I said the best thing I could think of.

"Thank you."

"For what?" Ruby asked.

I smiled at her. "For saving my life."

She made the biggest, cutest smile I'd ever seen, and she stood up and walked back to her team. She watched as I turned around and pulled a ring out of my bag.

I sighed as I looked at it.

I held it behind my back, and tossed it...