The Cave

As the leaves of the Emerald Forest fell onto the earth. The sound of Grimm screaming in agony could be heard through out trees. Yet, it had been greatly muffled by the sounds of clanking metal and gunshots. Which were the cause of the wretched beasts' despaire. It was a Friday afternoon and the last class of the day. For Team RWBY, that happened to be Proffesor Port's class. They had been assigned the task of hunting down five different species of Grimm and weren't allowed to leave the woods until having the evidence of their kills. For the hunters and huntresses in training, it would've been a mere walk in the park. However, it seemed like that day the monsters were a lot less diverse. For some strange reason, there was little to no variety in species. Pretty much every beast they encountered was a beowolf. Making the search for new enemies exteremly difficult. What should've taken about roughly on thirty, it took two hours.

The eager child dashed across the clearing in the trees with excitment filling her eyes. With about ten meters of distance between her and the target, she leaped into the air. Wielding her scythe, she let the force of her velocity swing the weapon back for her. But as she decended to the ground, her arms lunged the blade forward. Sending it deep into her prey's head and split the creature in half. As the demon's life slowly faded, the last thing it sensed was the girl cheering in joy.

"Beowolf, Boarbatusk, Death Stalker, Lancer, and now an Ursa. Five species found and slane." informed Weiss as she counted the names on her fingers.

Ruby jumped in the air with her arms pointing the sky. "Finally! This dumb assignment is over with!"

Pressing the small red button at the bottom of her scroll, Blake ended the recording that would be their evidence for completetion and placed it in her pocket. Once she knew her device was safe, she gladly joined in on her friends celebration. The adventerous blonde soon followed as she relieved her tension by bending backwards until hearing the popping that was the release. After looking over the footage of all their kills, they decided it was time to head back.

Their feeling of victory had soon faded as the shocking realisation came into mind. They had been so distracted by finding Grimm that they never once thought about how far they ventured into unknown territory. And considering the fact that Beacon Tower was barely visible, this meant bad news. This area of the woodland was very alien to the four girls. The teachers warned them in the beginning of the year that freshmen should try to stay reletively close to the school or at least be close enough that they could remember which direction they came from.

Blake began walking in the direction of the school and turned her head. "Come on, we'll be safe as long as we don't diverege from the path."

Nodding their heads in agreement, the rest of the team followed Blake. They already could tell from how small the tower appeared it would take more than an hour to make it back. To add on to that, the four girls equally were wiped out from the past two hours of non stop action. It was torture to even keep their upper bodies up straight. They embraced their grueling fate and moved onward. Hopefully they'd be able to get back prior to the sun setting.

At some point, Ruby stayed behind for a moment and turned her attention to the nature that was to the left of her. At first, all she saw was darkness. Because of the afternoon sun, the trees left shadows that hid whatever was hiding within. She couldn't put her finger on it just yet, but something in that blackness was keeping her still. Anchoring her there until she stepped towards it. The urge was reminisent of a child wanting to peek at their birthday presents early. Ruby just had to know what was waiting for her. "Hey Rubes, something wrong?" Yang asked turning her head.

In spite of hearing her sister's question, Ruby began walking right into the mysterious wilderness. As she did, the feeling that had came out of no where insisted for her to speed up. Even though she was exhausted from the day, the drive to discover this thing was used for energy. In a moment, her tiny legs were dashing into the unknown. In doing this, Yang's sisterly instincts kicked in and bolted to go grab Ruby before she did something bad. This made Weiss and Blake look over in confusion from all the commotion. Not wanting to be left behind, they joined in on the chasing.