4. C.M. - Bad Words

Hey, you guys! How are you all doing?

Thanks for 200+ reads! That's pretty dope. I've gotten five requests now, and this is just the first one. I have a tight schedule right now, but I think I'll be able to publish the second oneshot on Saturday midnight (Philippine Standard Time). Thanks to everyone who sent requests too! You can send more after I've done your request if you'd like.

Anyway, this was a pretty interesting request! We haven't seen a Courtney x Female Reader, so I'm so happy this one got requested. Pretty interesting plot too! Hope you enjoy reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it, and see ya!

Character: Courtney
Requested by: @RandoWriterChic
POV: Courtney

-/-/-

"Well, shit."

That's what my dad said to me when I turned 18. Imagine having seven kids with seemingly amazing soulmates, but suddenly, oh. Your fifth kid's soulmate seems like an absolute douchebag. I honestly didn't mind back then that my soulmate's first words to me were going to be a string of bad words, but when I grew older, I realized how badly I don't want them tattooed on my skin.

My only options to get this tattoo removed were an injury or covering it all the time. However, if I did get injured on my tattoo, the legend is that people forget what's written on it. I wouldn't remember the words at all, and neither would the people who have seen it. I think it literally means that you end up alone and your soulmate probably does too because you failed to take care of their words, unless they find each other or whatever. But honestly, I might have to do that if I weren't meeting my soulmate anytime now. Bad words on my skin? A simple fuck you on one of my butt cheeks would have been enough honestly.

I hated the fact that I was just going to have my soulmate's words etched to me for the rest of eternity, just because I turned 18. It was like that for everyone else, but I gotta say, it could have been worse. Once, I passed by a guy whose wife's first words to him were, "Rot in hell!" Imagine seeing that on your skin when you were 18, never having met said woman. And then you meet your soulmate who somehow tells you to rot in hell, and you realize how even the tiniest particles of your souls are bound forever.

But then again, he did become happily married to her, so the joke's kinda on me and my tattoo of bad words.

"Courtney, stream in ten minutes!" Sarah exclaims as she passes by me, waving at me with her hand. Claudio's first words to her were tattooed on the side of her finger, and the wedding ring is just a bigger flex.

"Got it!" I reply, shaking my head eagerly and stretching my arms. I look at my tattoo on my forearm, and I curse my soulmate for having these words to say to me.

That is, when we meet. Eventually. Maybe. I don't even know when. It seems impossible, because even though some people meet their soulmates sometimes a bit later than others, I felt bad that mine was just taking such a long time. Everyone else had already met theirs and taken care of them, and I was missing out. Call me impatient, but it's not every day that the universe assigns you a soulmate.

"You game?" Damien asks me as I sit next beside him on the Smosh Games couch. His tattoo was Hi. Oh, yes, sorry. etched on his back, and he just so happened to meet the girl of his dreams when he helped her move into the apartment next to his a couple of months ago. When she left a box behind the staircase, he asked if it was hers. Guess what she said.

"Yep," I answer, sighing. "You think she's the one, man?"

"She's perfect," he remarks, grinning. "I don't even have the words."

"You can use my soulmate's first words if you wanna curse so badly."

"Naw, I wouldn't dare." When the camera starts rolling, I take a deep breath and compose myself before grinning as wide as I can.