5. D.H. - Broadway

Good day to y'all, my good friends! How are you doing?

We're back at it with another Damien oneshot, and I hope all you musical theatre people enjoy this! I'm a fan of Hamilton, In The Heights, Les Miserables, and Wicked, but I have more musicals to go!

Also, a wondrous thanks for 300+ reads! That is just amazing, you guys. I hope you all are enjoying these oneshots! I still have three requests on me, but feel free to request if you'd like. Check the author's note for reference.

Anyway, let's get to it and see ya!

Character: Damien
Requested by: ---secret---
POV: Y/N

-/-/-

"New York!"

"New York!" I exclaim into the camera Damien's holding. "Basically my favorite place in the world, because New York has everything I've ever wanted."

"And pizza," Damien adds with a grin. "So Y/N and I are here in New York City, because we got tickets to see the brand new play 'Here's To Us,' and we'll also be going around New York to do New York stuff."

"So basically this is just Damien and Y/N roaming New York for our jobs," I say, laughing. "Also, we got enough budget for pizza, so we're also pretty stoked to be here."

"It's always about the pizza, Y/N," Damien tells me, looking at me with a smile. "Always."

When he turns the camera off momentarily, I sigh in relief. "Whew!" I exclaim, running my hand through my black hair, flexing its green streaks a bit. "36 hours more of that, huh?"

"Tell me about it," he remarks as we enter the hotel we were staying at. "It's too bad Kevin can't join us in the theatre, but he'll be doing most of the filming out here."

"Yeah," I reply, yawning. "I sure do miss it here. It's good to be back."

"Oh, yeah! You used to live here, right?"

"Mhm, and I miss it," I mumble, smiling as we enter the elevator.

Admittedly, I missed my New York life so much. Sure, California has its wonders, it never gets too cold there, and it has the best sunsets. I could get lost in LA any day, and maybe find myself on rooftop bars, drinking the night away without blacking out. But New York had always been something else to me. Sky-rise buildings, bustling with people all headed somewhere. In LA, you're always kinda lost. In New York, you're always kinda headed somewhere that you never really get too lost. And it's not easy to get lost in New York, because as John Mulaney once popularly questioned Home Alone 2: Lost in New York, how can you get lost in here? It's a grid system.

I don't regret my LA life one bit though. It obviously isn't my ideal life, because I love New York with all of my heart. But when your career moves from one path to another, so do you. Still, since the heart has four valves, I think I can give New York and California two valves each. I have enough place for both places.

A few years back, way before the Smosh job, theatre was my thing. You'd see me in the public theaters though, because roles were difficult to book when you have a thousand different girls who look like you and may be better than you. When I did land a Broadway role, it was everything I've ever wanted. The lights, the people, the fun of it all. It was perfect, but after it, there was nothing anymore. Soon, you book whatever envelope gets in your mailbox, even if it isn't in theatres anymore. You have to pay rent. You have to save for the future. You have to eat food and get good sleep at night. And somehow, you still have to be extremely skilled in singing, dancing, and acting.

I wasn't cut out for that.

When I auditioned for a potentially new comedy group at Defy Media's New York HQ, I thought it was my last down on the rollercoaster we call life. Only ups from there... until of course, your corporate executives send you off to join one of their branches in LA. Going to work for Smosh, whatever Smosh was. Nonetheless, when they came to pick me up in New York, they were all nice people. They were fun to be with, and they hated our corporate overlords that started to lay off employees. And I loved them so much that they became my friends, they helped me book acting jobs in LA.